Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not. It will be tagged, "Beta" and may remain that way for a long time. Tesla can "check the box" and start recognizing revenue for FSD. Makes perfect capitalist business sense.
Not if it injures someone and gets a lot of bad press and/or lawsuits. I’m skeptical that what’s in these videos is safer than a human.
I’m excited to test it out in an empty parking lot though! I’m very curious what the car can recognize as obstacles.

Not if it injures someone and gets a lot of bad press and/or lawsuits. I’m skeptical that what’s in these videos is safer than a human.
I’m excited to test it out in an empty parking lot though! I’m very curious what the car can recognize as obstacles.
It’s certainly not perfect yet, but looks rather safe in its current iteration and EAP testers have at least confirmed it’s safe. Possibly to a fault. Much more likely to piss someone off due to being too slow before it hurts anyone.

Reactions: Daniel in SD
I congratulate myself on an almost @Bladerskb level of foresight! ;)

Tesla and the end of quarter dance is nothing if not predictable.

Now let me make another prediction: This thing is rolling out to everyone with EAP or FSD, without any priority to early FSD owners. This would allow Tesla to maximize Q3 revenue recognition — and break one more promise, which is also predictable. ;)

But great to see Enhanced Summon finally.

Last edited:
Reactions: croman
Back in early April Elon tweeted out that ES would be rolling out widely 'next week'. Yesterday he pushed this back to 'later this month': Elon Musk on Twitter

I'm not usually one to complain about Tesla's over-promising in the FSD department, but it really is astonishing to me that they are advertising this as a *currently available* FSD feature for users when they purchase a new Tesla:

"Summon: your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really."

It's not a big deal, but some buyers probably watched the EAP videos and will pick up a new car expecting it to be there. It's the small stuff like this that seems so avoidable. The release got pushed? No problem, update the order page.

So more owners can crash their cars at even HIGHER rates of speed?

I congratulate myself on an almost @Bladerskb level of foresight! ;)

Tesla and the end of quarter dance is nothing if not predictable.

Now let me make another prediction: This thing is rolloing out to everyone with EAP or FSD, without any priority to early FSD owners. This would allow Tesla to maximize Q3 revenue recognition — and break one more promise, which is also predictable. ;)

But great to see Enhanced Summon finally.
But are you??? You haven’t tried it yet. Please go to Costco and give it a try. Let us all know how it goes! :p

You can certainly criticize Tesla on many issues, that's the way it goes when you manufacture and market a product.

But from the youtube videos I have seen on the beta of v10 it is the game changer. That's down to my view of what "feature complete" means.

There are three missing features, broadly speaking, from current Teslas with FSD.

The first is that for the car to drive itself on anything other than a highway the system needs to track oncoming traffic. You can see videos of the software doing just that.

The second missing feature is recognizing stoplights and stop signs. You can see the next version of summon trying this out. When the car gets to the end of a parking lane it stops and looks for cross traffic.

The third feature is object detection. Pedestrians, bikes, cones, trash on the road.

This next release may have all three.

Then, its a matter of integrating the recognition into driving decisions. No small matter, but if those three features are included, no matter how well they work, it would be "feature complete" and would be a huge step forward.

This is...weird...
I swear this guy is a troll. You'd think he could post one video of it working correctly but instead he posts videos of it going the wrong way, taking crazy routes and him calling it "nice". He also uses it in direct violation of Tesla's instructions that you "must monitor it and its surroundings at all times within your line of sight."

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
I swear this guy is a troll. You'd think he could post one video of it working correctly but instead he posts videos of it going the wrong way, taking crazy routes and him calling it "nice". He also uses it in direct violation of Tesla's instructions that you "must monitor it and its surroundings at all times within your line of sight."

I'm beginning to think that too. Pretty sure it has to be better on average than demonstrated here...doesn't it?

To be fair the car is in the line of sight and takes an assbackwards route, putting its self out of sight.