Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon wont go more then 5-10 ft

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I havent used Enhanced Summon much, as it's been more of a parlor trick that is of questionable functionality (Especially after it almost ran my son over...).

Now that weather is getting colder, I've started using it in emptier lots. Or such as at the grocery store, load groceries and have the MX follow me back to the cart return. Things like that.
Anyways, using it more or at least trying. My success rate for the following is about 1 out of 20 tries.

Usually, the car will put itself back into park after it travels about 5-10 ft. Saying Summon Aborted. Anyone else have this issue? I tried enhanced summon while I was sitting in the car to see if any errors or what not popped up, but nothing. It just says on the dash screen Autopark Aborted (Yes, you can sit in the car and use Enhanced summon, just don't touch the wheel, brake, accelerator or screen).

So anyone else running into this problem? I get usually 1 out of 20 tries it works as intended and goes the full distance. the other 19 tries it stops after 5-10 ft. All cameras are clear and all sensors are working properly.

I havent used Enhanced Summon much, as it's been more of a parlor trick that is of questionable functionality (Especially after it almost ran my son over...).

Now that weather is getting colder, I've started using it in emptier lots. Or such as at the grocery store, load groceries and have the MX follow me back to the cart return. Things like that.
Anyways, using it more or at least trying. My success rate for the following is about 1 out of 20 tries.

Usually, the car will put itself back into park after it travels about 5-10 ft. Saying Summon Aborted. Anyone else have this issue? I tried enhanced summon while I was sitting in the car to see if any errors or what not popped up, but nothing. It just says on the dash screen Autopark Aborted (Yes, you can sit in the car and use Enhanced summon, just don't touch the wheel, brake, accelerator or screen).

So anyone else running into this problem? I get usually 1 out of 20 tries it works as intended and goes the full distance. the other 19 tries it stops after 5-10 ft. All cameras are clear and all sensors are working properly.
Please please please don't take offense to this. Even if you know this, the info may help others. You have two choices when using summon. It can be set to come to you...or...it can be set to go to a spot on the map. The first time I tried it it was doing strange things and it turns out it was going to a spot on a map that I had set inadvertently. Once I realized the difference it acted more rationally.

Actually, the "Come to me" button is gone in my app and has been for months. I can only go into the summon menu and select a specific spot on the map. When I had the come to me button yet, I could press and hold it, and walk and it would literally follow me as I walked about 10 ft behind me. now I set it to the cart coral location (For example) and need to press and hold the button.

Reactions: n.one.one
Actually, the "Come to me" button is gone in my app and has been for months. I can only go into the summon menu and select a specific spot on the map. When I had the come to me button yet, I could press and hold it, and walk and it would literally follow me as I walked about 10 ft behind me. now I set it to the cart coral location (For example) and need to press and hold the button.
I have the same issue(s)

Consider trying this experiment: Open the app and then close it and then immediately re-open it. For some strange reason I don't have 'Come to me' when I first open the app but then it appears on the 2nd opening. I have no idea why this happens.

I can't get my summon to work on any level for the last few weeks.....grrrr Haven't done any troubleshooting like uninstalling and reinstalling the app or anything like that. Is that what will fix it? Is this a known issue??