Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enjoy 10400$ AP 2.0....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You get what you pay for. For this price, you are getting:

8 cameras – 3 front-facing
better ultrasonic
40x more powerful onboard computer – Nvidia GPU Titan supercomputer

And that's just the hardware that actually comes for free if you don't pay for AP at all. If you just buy AP, then it's only a few grand more than before. You can always upgrade to full autonomy later once you see it in action.

Overall, it seems like a better deal to me since I never really trusted AP1.0. I'd rather pay extra and have it done right. Now I just can't decide whether to upgrade now or wait until the Model 3 for it. I wish we had a time frame for the Model 3 in Canada.

...Overall, it seems like a better deal to me since I never really trusted AP1.0. I'd rather pay extra and have it done right. Now I just can't decide whether to upgrade now or wait until the Model 3 for it. I wish we had a time frame for the Model 3 in Canada.
If I was you, I'd upgrade now. But I love AP 1.0, it's amazing. I'm even debating if I should upgrade before the 3 comes out but man those CDN prices right now for a P100DL are out of my budget... :)

You get what you pay for. For this price, you are getting:

8 cameras – 3 front-facing
better ultrasonic
40x more powerful onboard computer – Nvidia GPU Titan supercomputer
And still no more radars. Which means your "full autonomy" won't be able to drive in the rain or snow. (unless they're putting wipers in front of all 8 cameras which I highly doubt!) just try using your backup camera in the rain or snow, it doesn't take long for it to be completely obscured. A higher camera will do marginally better, but without wipers it just won't work.

Camera is essential forward facing, but it's a ridiculous solution for the rear where radar would do a much better job.

Reactions: doubeld
I wish there was an option only for TACC. I find that Autopilot righ now is fine with my needs. I really dont need full self driving. I would hope that if you don't get Autopilot right now you could get TACC at least. Autosteer is fine but I don't find the need for a extra $$$ for more hardware. Canada is complex with winter and stuff like green1 said. I hope Model 3 will not be that expensive for Autopilot (wich i think it will not..)

And still no more radars. Which means your "full autonomy" won't be able to drive in the rain or snow. (unless they're putting wipers in front of all 8 cameras which I highly doubt!)

I don't know about that. The press release reads:

capable of seeing through heavy rain, fog, dust and even the car ahead.

You sure like to constantly bash Tesla though. It makes me wonder why you even drive one. If I only had complaints for a product, the last thing I would do is own it.

If I was you, I'd upgrade now. But I love AP 1.0, it's amazing. I'm even debating if I should upgrade before the 3 comes out but man those CDN prices right now for a P100DL are out of my budget... :)

I had an AP1.0 loaner and I drove it my cabin over the twisty and turning number 3 highway and I couldn't relax. But that's just me. With more cameras and better processor, I will be able to relax more. This is what I have been waiting for.

So I've been configuring away and yikes the prices are expensive. Plus, I know I will get chicken scratch for my S that I paid $115k for less than 3 years ago, so I might as well keep it for the price I can get for it. I also still really like the large frunk and 80 amp chargers. Plus, a fully loaded smaller Model 3 sure sounds nice, since it will have the same AP2.0 and by that time it will have more activated features. Then I will dump our Leaf and have my kids drive the S instead. Nice and safe.

So I can't bring myself to pulling the trigger since I'm having a hard time justifying spending my kids inheritance when I can wait for the Model 3 and it seems to make more sense. I just don't want to wait until the end of 2018 for it. Early 2018 is even tough but as an owner and reservation holder from March 31, and I will buy fully loaded, and on the West Coast, I should get one of the first ones in Canada. So I think I will hold tight for now and just watch how the new AP2.0 works like a kid waiting for Christmas well over a year away!

Reactions: Falkirk
I don't know about that. The press release reads:
Yeah, the press release talks about how great the FRONT radar is, which you would think would mean they'd realize how important rear radars would be, but alas, they don't.

You sure like to constantly bash Tesla though. It makes me wonder why you even drive one. If I only had complaints for a product, the last thing I would do is own it.
oh, I'm sorry, you think that every single aspect of every single item you own is absolutely perfect in every way and could never be improved upon. No item that you have ever owned in your entire life has any defects at all?

You doubt I drive a Tesla, despite the VIN in my signature, and my having posted images of it multiple times.... If you want to come see it in person some day you're welcome to.

• Disagree
Reactions: arosenbe
oh, I'm sorry, you think that every single aspect of every single item you own is absolutely perfect in every way and could never be improved upon. No item that you have ever owned in your entire life has any defects at all?

I have complaints about my Tesla too but the good far overrides the bad.

You just seem to only have only complaints about Tesla here, but perhaps I am confusing you with someone else, or I miss out on any good comments you may have, or you don't see the need to posts good comments, which is understandable.

You doubt I drive a Tesla, despite the VIN in my signature, and my having posted images of it multiple times.... If you want to come see it in person some day you're welcome to.

You must have misunderstood me. I don't doubt at all that you drive a Tesla. There's no doubt in my mind that you drive one. That's why I found it odd that you would complain so much but still drive one.

Reactions: arosenbe
An "equivalent" vehicle (as much as I can spec one) has gone up about $20,000 since mine was built. But they've also added higher end vehicles. Top of the line in 2014 was $140k, top end now is $220k.

I thought mine was a stretch for me when I bought it, at this point I'd definitely be looking at a couple years older.