Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enjoyev.com - Hong Kong EV Charging Locations Website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi fellow Tesla owners,

I'd like to introduce a project I have been working on. It's a community maintained ad-free website that lists EV charging locations in HK. The best part of this website is that users can rate each location and even suggest new locations.

EnjoyEV - Hong Kong charging locations

It is completely non-commercial and makes no money whatsoever, in fact I pay for the server costs out of my own pocket. I'm actually a long time lurker on TMC and only decided to take a more proactive role in the community recently. I've owned a Tesla for a few months now and I'm seeing that it can be quite difficult to find good areas to charge, especially since I didn't install a charger at home.

The aim is to support a platform on which users can share and rate each of the Hong Kong charging locations. I'm open to suggestions and would be willing to build more tools for the community, I recently made the website mobile friendly and added an FAQ section. If you have a great idea get in touch, I'm always open to feedback and suggestions for new features. At the moment I'm the only person maintaining the website, I'd love to hear from you if you'd like to help out (especially translating to Chinese :redface:). I'm looking into a point to point navigation feature, if there's enough interest I'll try to make it a reality.

Let me know what you all think, any feedback will be well received!

EnjoyEV is in it's very early stages so thank you all for the appreciation :biggrin:. It would be great if TMC members would help to rate each EV Charging Location they've been to, so that we can easily recommend locations which will make charging a joy rather than a chore.

@Mark, I've spent a few minutes going over that database, I'll do my best to integrate the locations into EnjoyEV. That being said I'd like to visit each location and validate them before putting them on EnjoyEV, I don't want to advertise parking locations that need a several point turn to get out of without a scratch or have poor support.

EnjoyEV is in it's very early stages so thank you all for the appreciation :biggrin:. It would be great if TMC members would help to rate each EV Charging Location they've been to, so that we can easily recommend locations which will make charging a joy rather than a chore.

@Mark, I've spent a few minutes going over that database, I'll do my best to integrate the locations into EnjoyEV. That being said I'd like to visit each location and validate them before putting them on EnjoyEV, I don't want to advertise parking locations that need a several point turn to get out of without a scratch or have poor support.

Different charging standards makes life more difficult for EV producers, owners and charging service providers.

Likewise, too many databases of charging stations also make each one worse. It's better to have all information in one central database.

As Mark pointed out, there is already OpenChargeMap (Open Charge Map - The global public registry of electric vehicle charging locations). It allows for photo uploads, comments, ratings and so on. It can be used on the web, as well from apps.

It's great that you want to make this effort, and I suggest you work together with openchargemap, so we have one strong provider rather than many weaker ones.

I really appreciate your efforts very much, but "Open Charge Map" basically covers it all.
You listed a destination charger at the Clearwater Bay Golf and Country Club. So far, this charger was never in operation and has been removed from the official Tesla charger map.