Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enough with bug fix updates 😡

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it me or are theses constant “bug fix” updates starting to get annoying? Have been waiting for months and months for FSD and still nothing. Every update seems to be a bug fix these days. Dare I say I am starting to feel some disappointment. Send me something new and exciting. Many of us have paid for FSD months ago. Please deliver!

If it makes your feel better there are people who paid for FSD at the end of 2016.

Have been waiting for months and months for FSD and still nothing.

Months and months? Tell me more.

condescendingwonka.jpg

LOL sure lets release that FSD without fixing bugs. It'll be fine. Nothing bad could happen.
Nope, not what I said. I should have been more clear. Two issues for me. Issue #1: every normal update for the last few months has been bug fixes. The good updates have spoiled me. Now, I dread the update symbol on my screen. Issue #2: I am being totally impatient for FSD. It's been promised and promised. I am just frustrated.

The problem is that Tesla considers itself as leading the software pack.
It doesn't, based on the truly dreadful software that runs the car. My banks have voice recognition that sucks - but it still outperforms my car by orders of magnitude.
I got a message last week that my free connectivity was expiring: I managed (eventually) to find the right page in my account and paid - several days before the expiration. Yesterday I had a message that my connectivity was now expired....
Like the car, despite the build and QC problems, but its software is from the eighties judging by the way it works.

If you are impatient waiting for "FSD", may I suggest counseling? Focus your energy on your health, because you are going to need to live a long time to see your Tesla have anything close to FSD.
I have had lane changing since 2015. The progress in 6 years extrapolated out is starting to look like 2050 for FSD.
I know, I know, AI is exponential. Ok, maybe 2045.

...constant “bug fix” updates starting to get annoying?

having picked up my model Y in early November last year, I have received a couple updates that added new functionality and fun, but the rest of the updates were just bug fixes - that's ok. I would rather have the bug fixes addressed via frequent OTA updates, than find the bugs the hard way and have to complain to the Tesla community about a flaw or schedule an appointment to address.

Like so many others, I am eagerly anticipating the new OS version - but once that rolls out, there will be several bug fix updates to follow - so your going to have to get accustom to it.

Just be thankful the software is not running on Microsoft's platform 🤣

Is it me or are theses constant “bug fix” updates starting to get annoying? Have been waiting for months and months for FSD and still nothing. Every update seems to be a bug fix these days. Dare I say I am starting to feel some disappointment. Send me something new and exciting. Many of us have paid for FSD months ago. Please deliver!
yea.....I feel like a rolling house that needs fumigation every week or two.....but it Tesla not Orkin or Terminex....

Reactions: Etalik
having picked up my model Y in early November last year, I have received a couple updates that added new functionality and fun, but the rest of the updates were just bug fixes - that's ok. I would rather have the bug fixes addressed via frequent OTA updates, than find the bugs the hard way and have to complain to the Tesla community about a flaw or schedule an appointment to address.

Like so many others, I am eagerly anticipating the new OS version - but once that rolls out, there will be several bug fix updates to follow - so your going to have to get accustom to it.

Just be thankful the software is not running on Microsoft's platform 🤣
Good point. I guess my complaint is that I get a bug dis about once a week. When I see that notification, my hopes get up, and then I am always disappointed. The last update that I thought was decent was the once where they made the autopilot icons bigger.

LOL sure lets release that FSD without fixing bugs. It'll be fine. Nothing bad could
If you are impatient waiting for "FSD", may I suggest counseling? Focus your energy on your health, because you are going to need to live a long time to see your Tesla have anything close to FSD.
I have had lane changing since 2015. The progress in 6 years extrapolated out is starting to look like 2050 for FSD.
I know, I know, AI is exponential. Ok, maybe 2045.
lol. I get it. So what happens when you pay 5-10k for the promised FSD and then, years later, sell the car?

LoL. Yeah, kind of annoying to get a constant barrage of bug fixes week after week. But my guess is, Tesla is gearing up for a major release (may be, for Version 11?). So, they are tightening up all the loose ends.