TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Enter GPS coordinates into the navi

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by znib, Aug 19, 2016.

1. znib

znib Member

Hi,

Is it possible to navigate to a place of which I only know the latitude / longitude but no name or address? I tried to enter the coordinates into the search bar of the navi in many different formats, but either it didn't find anything or it found a completely wrong location.

I thought the Tesla navi simply queries google maps in the background, but if I enter the same coordinates in google maps it just works.

2. GaryREM

GaryREM Member

You can specify locations by their location on the map by dropping a pin (i.e. touch and hold until pin drops on map).

As far as I know, you cannot use coordinates.

3. znib

znib Member

Yes, that's what I did at the end. Entered the coordinates in google maps on my phone, tried to find the same place on google maps in the Tesla, and placed a pin there.
    I find it cumbersome to use my phone, and a bit weird that it doesn't work by entering the coordinates directly if it works on any other google maps.

4. LastGas

LastGas Member

The coordinates, in fraction form, are embedded in the Google Maps URL, for exampled:

Google Maps