Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entering home charging cost?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am scheduled to pick up my MYLG this Friday and not sure which values to use from my electricity bill. I have Florida Power & Lights. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
Your electric bill should have a kilowatt hour rate ($/kWh). It might vary based on time of day. You can calculate it yourself if you have a flat rate, but if your power has a tiered rate it's a little tricky. You could just divide your bill by the number of kilowatt hours billed (subtract any fixed fees).

If the sample bill from their page is correct, the rate is on the section 11 of the second page of your bill. Use the highest rate which has time billed against it. In this example it would be $0.7683.

Screen Shot 2022-06-06 at 11.18.47 AM.png

Reactions: el-guapin
I wish the app let you put in the MPG car that its comparing to in the "gas savings" section. For a model y it is using a 28 mpg car. But, most friends I'm giving test drives to, are driving like suburbans and trucks at 13mpg. I mean, its easy enough to calculate the savings, it just would be nice to dynamically do it in the app. Right now in Idaho, home charging vs gas compared to a 13mpg truck, is 15 times cheaper.

I am scheduled to pick up my MYLG this Friday and not sure which values to use from my electricity bill. I have Florida Power & Lights. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
When I set that up, the Tesla app had a list of utilities and their rates. So, you can just select your utility and the app will know the calculation for the time of day when you charge.

Reactions: Ogre
I wish the app let you put in the MPG car that its comparing to in the "gas savings" section. For a model y it is using a 28 mpg car. But, most friends I'm giving test drives to, are driving like suburbans and trucks at 13mpg. I mean, its easy enough to calculate the savings, it just would be nice to dynamically do it in the app. Right now in Idaho, home charging vs gas compared to a 13mpg truck, is 15 times cheaper.
TeslaFi lets you enter the mpg value for the gas savings comparison. It also keeps up with many other stats. Although not free, I highly recommend it. They have a 2 week free trial.

C09A1A20-E99D-4424-A2C3-ABB87A43D107.jpeg

When I set that up, the Tesla app had a list of utilities and their rates. So, you can just select your utility and the app will know the calculation for the time of day when you cha

Thanks