Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enterprise Loaner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pgkevet

Jul 1, 2019
mid wales
Last tiem I used roadside I got an ICE Jag as a loaner - I was fine with that, didn't really need it 'cos I'm in the happy situation of having other cars available (necessary to have spare or two out in the sticks). It was quite handy 'cos we had some floods that time and I was happier ploughing through several inches of water in an ICE rather then 400V .
This time Enterprise went to the effort of sourcing an S despite me saying it wasn't essential - perhaps someone wanted the fun of playing with one 'cos they got it from 200 miles away.
The actual point of this msg is that last time the Jag had a slow tyre leak only found when the low tyre warnign came up.. and I used to monitor it and top up every few days. This time I called up the tyre presure screen on the S and one corner was 4psi lower than the other three. We all have our peccadillos and after a ew punctures on my own S it's something I like to have permenantly displayed
Give any loaner cars or rentals a good look-over for basics - particulalry younger? guys who haven't been through the era of unreliable cars - the days when any journey was an adventure as to whether the car would make it to the end and involved carrying spare bulbs, fuses, tape, basic tools, damp start, eggs (rad leaks) and a girlfriend whose stockings could be used as emergency fan-belts (..it was an excuse...). A starting handle was useful too...

Reactions: Beady3647
Last tiem I used roadside I got an ICE Jag as a loaner - I was fine with that, didn't really need it 'cos I'm in the happy situation of having other cars available (necessary to have spare or two out in the sticks). It was quite handy 'cos we had some floods that time and I was happier ploughing through several inches of water in an ICE rather then 400V .
This time Enterprise went to the effort of sourcing an S despite me saying it wasn't essential - perhaps someone wanted the fun of playing with one 'cos they got it from 200 miles away.
The actual point of this msg is that last time the Jag had a slow tyre leak only found when the low tyre warnign came up.. and I used to monitor it and top up every few days. This time I called up the tyre presure screen on the S and one corner was 4psi lower than the other three. We all have our peccadillos and after a ew punctures on my own S it's something I like to have permenantly displayed
Give any loaner cars or rentals a good look-over for basics - particulalry younger? guys who haven't been through the era of unreliable cars - the days when any journey was an adventure as to whether the car would make it to the end and involved carrying spare bulbs, fuses, tape, basic tools, damp start, eggs (rad leaks) and a girlfriend whose stockings could be used as emergency fan-belts (..it was an excuse...). A starting handle was useful too...

Mrmories. Ah, the romance of spending 10 years with a Series 3 Lotus Elan. Brings back Eau de GRP, flat batteries, knock off wheels, next to no defrost and driving sideways a lot. You kids with auto wiper complaints don't know what you missed. :p

Reactions: Beady3647
I got to use the rental S ('cos our supermarket delivery had an accident en route).
Whoever got to bring the rental to me must have had loads of fun on the way... averaged 566wh/m. Which might explain why it;s showing very early signs of the S front halfshaft issue when i floored it myself.
Todays Welsh puddles were fun too - reckon I've washed the wheel arches out thoroughly... wouldn't want to be worrying about a 3's undertrays at the moment.....