Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enterprise Service Loaners:

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just went in for service at Fremont and confirmed with them that Tesla is indeed phasing out entirely its in-house loaner fleet. Instead they are using enterprise which rents out both Teslas and gas cars

Here’s the problem with that: Enterprise Teslas are horrible. They are always 75Ds without exception and with zero option boxes checked. The worst part is that they never have autopilot

Tesla should really rethink offering service loaners or make enterprise get some higher end cars and autopilot for owners who are used to having these features.

It make sense strategically. Loaners are unsold inventory and not helpful for the books. I'd rather have a more consistent loaner experience through Enterprise than the current roll-the-dice loaner experience through Tesla.

While I agree, someone should have told that to their fat mouthed CEO before he promised P100Ds for everyone, thereby setting the (absurd) expectation.

I'm good friends with the mgr at a SC down here in LA and basically Tesla uses Enterprise to purchase mass quantities of cars to boost end of qtr numbers, so its usually whatever they've made and haven't sold. From a P&L perspective, makes total sense as it registers as a car sold and then deducted (when paying Enterprise for said rental) as an expense in return.

While I agree, someone should have told that to their fat mouthed CEO before he promised P100Ds for everyone, thereby setting the (absurd) expectation.

Agreed. I got a Model S 100D loaner once. But most of the time it's an Infiniti or Jaguar, etc., and if I'm lucky maybe an old pre-autopilot Model S or base Model S 75 without autopilot. Still better than no loaner at all.

Reactions: GreenT
i was told the same here in san diego. my last 3 loaners in 3 months have been plain black Enterprise S75D with textile seats, no AP, no slacker. kind of annoying. but they were pretty new. the loaner i got before that from their "fleet" was a beat up S85 with a lot of cosmetic damage and ~ 40k miles.

on the flipside, hopefully this makes people want to get in and out of their appointments quickly and not keep loaners longer than needed.

Not sure why tesla doesn’t just enable AP on these cars while they are being used what I assume is exclusively as tesla loaners..

My biggest problem with the rentals as loaners was the monster toll fee I got hit with after (despite registering the plate on my EZ Pass account, which apparently does nothing).

Couldn’t bring my transponder as it is bolted to my front plate on my car...

My gripe with the Enterprise loaners is that each of the three times I’ve had one, there’s been about 100 miles range on it. I didn’t need to drive many miles, but supposing I did, I’d have been very inconvenienced. Also, being driven to Enterprise and back on pickup and return adds easily 30 minutes.

I didn't realize until today, that not only is Enterprise managing the loaners now, they actually have an Enterprise associate at the Service Center taking over from service to get you your car. That was different.

And yes they were providing Teslas. Mine was 2018 S 75D with 3k miles on it.

I'm trying to remember what he said "something as nice or nicer than your current car..." can't remember the exact phrase. "Free Supercharging for the life of the car"

"It's a mobile hotspot too."

"Spotify coming to US soon"

"Funding secured"

I went down to Milford, CT service two weeks ago with a bad rear air suspension unit that they say will take two months to replace. Got a Chevy Malibu from Enterprise, but after a week, they said we have a Tesla loaner for you. Picked up a sweet 75D two weeks ago, and no complaints! Agree with #demundus that this forum only gets complaints. Too bad, because my service has been nothing but stellar. Bravo, Milford, CT service!

I got a Chrysler 300 one time from the service center. The car was black with a solid top and it sounded really awesome... VROOM, VROOM! I loved that car so much that when I got my Model S back, I put it up for sale and went out and bought a brand new 300. Not!

You all complain too much. I was happy getting a Tesla one out of three times. Chrysler 300, BMW X2, then finally a P90DL. I had some real fun in one of those cars. I guess you have to just pay your dues before you get the prize :D

I'm sure Tesla is covered by whatever fine print. Maybe "everyone gets a P100D" was in fact the policy, but only in effect at the time Elon made the statement and ended as soon as he took another breath, so he didn't lie, eh? ;)Or maybe like with the 691hp capable P85D limited by the battery to 463hp, Enterprise is totally capable of giving everyone a P100D loaner, just limited by the inventory of cars which doesn't include any P100D's :p