Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entertainment screen issues EVERY MORNING

rbrown1961

May 17, 2021
Middleburg, VA
I have a 2020 Model X, and always update to the latest software. For the past week or so, every morning my Sirius/XM stations are gone from the entertainment system. Also, the "no seatbelt" chime begins and won't stop. I have to walk away from the car and return to get the chime to stop. Then I have to reset the user interface to get the satellite stations to reappear - and sometimes THAT doesn't even work right away. I can't imagine I'm the only one experiencing this...

gnuarm

Model X 100 with 72 amp chargers
You may well be the only person with this particular intermittent/flakey problem. After all, there are so many issues with the model X that it is likely every car can have it's own problems that no other car on the planet has. Mine has many intermittent problems. I've pretty much given up trying to get them fixed.

Reactions: Jetwash08

MSM X100

Dec 17, 2017
New York
I have a 2020 Model X, and always update to the latest software. For the past week or so, every morning my Sirius/XM stations are gone from the entertainment system. Also, the "no seatbelt" chime begins and won't stop. I have to walk away from the car and return to get the chime to stop. Then I have to reset the user interface to get the satellite stations to reappear - and sometimes THAT doesn't even work right away. I can't imagine I'm the only one experiencing this...
I have the missing Sirius favorites daily. I swipe up to expand the Sirius window then swipe down and my favorites reappear.

gnuarm

Model X 100 with 72 amp chargers
did you try resetting the car? I think you hold down both buttons.

If you are talking to me, of course. Often I don't need to reset it because it will reset itself... even while driving. The biggest cause seems to be using the browser. That is one flakey code base. It barely works, won't give access to any controls until it loads the initial page (wouldn't it be nice to skip that page and get right to the page you want?) and seems to barf on a lot of web content.

This is just another way in which driving a Tesla is like driving a cell phone.

• Funny
Reactions: mbp11

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC