Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Entertainment System requires rebooting.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm really glad we have a way to reboot the system, but this really is not acceptable. It's a result of bad programming when memory leaks or software unable to recover from some sort of error or disconnect state requires a reboot.

I'm willing to put up with it while Tesla is still growing, but I think tolerance for these types of issues will diminish as they enter the mass market.

I certainly wouldn't have put up with it from any of my BMWs (which are admittedly less complex), but I also don't need to reboot my iPhone every few weeks.

When I try to use streaming, "Things You Should Know" will never play. It either starts to load and then says "error loading" or, lately, it just spins as if it is trying to start but never does.

Does anyone else have this issue with only certain streaming programs?

Second question: Why isn't there a way to program what you want on this? Or is there and I don't know how to do it? Why would we be limited ONLY to the programs that are set in the car (most of which are, for instance, pretty liberal in nature).
I guess with the internet radio choices, they went with Slacker and don't want you to be able to use Pandora...is that a contract with Tesla?

Overall, this is actually the aspect of this $120,000 vehicle that I am most disappointed with. It is just awful. And while it seems trivial because it's "just" entertainment, not performance-it is an aspect I use and interact with every single day, at least twice a day...so it is a constant irritation.
-and lastly-it is probably the EASIEST thing the company could do to change and make better-it is all in basic, not ground breaking software.
It would be a thing I would hack into if I could.