Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enumclaw Supercharger- Any News?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Padelford

Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2017
Seattle
I’ve been looking forward to looping Mt Rainier National Park (Paradise & Sunrise) from Seattle via Maple Valley, and I can’t without the promised Supercharger in Enumclaw. Anyone heard any progress?

It’s not necessarily owner density is it? I believe demand from drivers is the key. There’s a pass out of Enumclaw that requires a charge to make it over and currently there not one on the other side of the pass either. As a person that lives in the neighboring town I’m stuck taking 90 to eastern Washington until these chargers are installed unless I won’t to pony up cash for the juice.

It’s not necessarily owner density is it? I believe demand from drivers is the key. There’s a pass out of Enumclaw that requires a charge to make it over and currently there not one on the other side of the pass either. As a person that lives in the neighboring town I’m stuck taking 90 to eastern Washington until these chargers are installed unless I won’t to pony up cash for the juice.

I received a reply from Rose at Tesla when I asked about the Enumclaw Supercharger. I’d recommend that you and others contact her & add your support for Enumclaw:

Rose Z. | Tesla Support
P: 877-798-3752 | [email protected]

Reactions: Araman0

State HWY 410 is not open year around which is the primary reason that Enumclaw won't happen anytime soon. Density is king here...

To access Crystal Mountain Ski area from Seattle, a supercharger in Enumclaw is very helpful. Also, there’s Sunrise area of Mt. Rainier in the Summer.

Both of these locations will be targeted for level 2 chargers given their use case. For those of you passing Auburn on your way to 410, I would suggest looking into open permitting applications with City of Auburn. You might just be surprised...

Reactions: ReddyLeaf

I think "coverage" is more important than demand. Tesla should cover most of territory first, then put supplementary charger.
it's shameful to say "I cannot (or risky) go Paradise in Mt. Rainier with my Tesla" while Rainier NP is one of the most visited NP in the country.