Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enumclaw Supercharger- Any News?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not Enumclaw, but EA is putting in a station at the Covington Walmart (50kW CCS/CHAdeMO) for those who can use the adapter. They had the stalls installed back in May, but not wired up at the time. I haven't checked it out since.

As of last week they were up and running at the covington Walmart. For the low low price of $1/session and $.99/minute.

• Informative
Reactions: MarkBrokeIt
As of last week they were up and running at the covington Walmart. For the low low price of $1/session and $.99/minute.
For the purposes of Tesla applications (I.e. Limited to 50 kW via Tesla CHAdeMO adapter), it looks like charging runs $.25/min + $1 session fee. The $.99/min tier is for 126kw-350kw charging rates.
Not particularly attractive compared to a Supercharger, but something to fill the gap between L2 and Superchargers, should someone actually have the $450 CHAdeMO adapter from Tesla, and find themselves in a range pinch.

Since we're off topic: CHAdeMO has come in handy twice in the last month. Once in Pullman WA/Moscow ID area as well as in Hood River OR (not headed to the Dalles).

And yes, I can attest that the EA rates if you're charging a Tesla w/CHAdeMO are $.25/min + $1 session fee. Charge rate went up to around 43/44 kw, peaked at 46 kw, and went to down to the mid 30s above 70% . I have never seen 47-50 kw rates on EA, Chargepoint, EVgo, nor Greenlots chargers.

Since we're off topic: CHAdeMO has come in handy twice in the last month. Once in Pullman WA/Moscow ID area as well as in Hood River OR (not headed to the Dalles).

And yes, I can attest that the EA rates if you're charging a Tesla w/CHAdeMO are $.25/min + $1 session fee. Charge rate went up to around 43/44 kw, peaked at 46 kw, and went to down to the mid 30s above 70% . I have never seen 47-50 kw rates on EA, Chargepoint, EVgo, nor Greenlots chargers.
Yes, it's always advertised as up to 50kW, but 40kW is much more realistic for the Chademo charging sessions I've seen in the real world.

Answer at 0:37 ;)
I’ll predict that Enumclaw won’t be finished in 2019, until after some V3 SCs are added along I-5 (Olympia, Tacoma, Northgate, Southgate, Longview) and maybe even a few Renton, Totem Lake. Also, they have one planned in Yakima to bookend Mnt Rainier. Those two will probably be done about the same time (2020+).:(

I think Auburn is “Enumclaw”

Crystal Mountain Ski Resort is installing 8 car chargers this summer. Environmental Stewardshp - Crystal Mountain Resort WA

From my friend today:

Just talked to the IT manager here. He says they have the grant for the chargers but they have not yet installed them. He pointed to the upper lot that they'll be up here somewhere​

Last edited:
Crystal Mountain Ski Resort is installing 8 car chargers this summer. Environmental Stewardshp - Crystal Mountain Resort WA

From my friend today:

Just talked to the IT manager here. He says they have the grant for the chargers but they have not yet installed them. He pointed to the upper lot that they'll be up here somewhere​

I went there end of July and it seems like hasn't started yet :) Can't wait chargers are coming!

From my friend today:

Awesome! Should be level 2 so usable by all but you better get up there early. Note no chance Crystal has the electrical capacity for level 3 chargers.

I saw yesterday that the Enumclaw charger is still on the Tesla "coming soon" map. There are a few others that I sincerely hope they install before putting one in Enumclaw. I was convinced it would be removed once Auburn was completed - although maybe that map is rarely updated.

Foreseeable == 2020.
Still “targeted” for 2020...

Enumclaw would be nice to have as it’s the last outpost before entering Mt. Rainier but would only save me ~6% SoC vs Auburn SC. What I really wish is that both Sunrise and Paradise had destination chargers.

I’m interested to see how Rivian builds out their “Adventure Network” as I think charging in National Parks makes a ton of sense and the “no emissions“ travel theme is a good fit.