Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Environmental Impact of Battery/Car Production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have any links to good peer reviewed studies/resources comparing the environment impact of an electric car to an ICE car? I'm constantly finding myself in discussions with people who insist the process of mining/building/disposing of lithium baterries is actually worse than the emissions from an ICE engine. I want to be able to refute them with facts... And yes I get that this is an apples to oranges comparison. Any resources you've found helpful would be appreciated!

Reactions: Postacular
Does anyone have any links to good peer reviewed studies/resources comparing the environment impact of an electric car to an ICE car? I'm constantly finding myself in discussions with people who insist the process of mining/building/disposing of lithium baterries is actually worse than the emissions from an ICE engine. I want to be able to refute them with facts... And yes I get that this is an apples to oranges comparison. Any resources you've found helpful would be appreciated!
https://www.ivl.se/download/18.14d7b12e16e3c5c36271070/1574923989017/C444.pdf