Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Environmentally best solar panels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm shopping for rooftop solar, but I don't want to slightly clean up my local environment at the expense of polluting the environment where the panels are made.

I have found this page with some good information, but neither the best-performing Panasonic nor its predecessor Sanyo is listed:
SunPower, SolarWorld top 2015 solar scorecard

Does anyone have more information on panel makers, especially Panasonic?

I work for a Solar company in Oregon. I'd be happy to answer any questions. We use exclusively Silfab panels and recommend against overseas panels for two primary reasons; carbon emissions in transport and a company that will actually honor their 25 year warranty (be around 25 years from now). Feel free to call/text/email me if you have any other questions, I can answer string inverter vs. micro inverter questions as well, or any other questions you might have.

Matt Ellis
Auric Solar
Cell: 503-793-4391

I work for a Solar company in Oregon. I'd be happy to answer any questions. We use exclusively Silfab panels and recommend against overseas panels for two primary reasons; carbon emissions in transport and a company that will actually honor their 25 year warranty (be around 25 years from now). Feel free to call/text/email me if you have any other questions, I can answer string inverter vs. micro inverter questions as well, or any other questions you might have.

Matt Ellis
Auric Solar
Cell: 503-793-4391

I found CO2 per ton mile rates for ships and trucks. 8,000 miles by ship = roughly 2000 miles by truck.