Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EO mini pro charging issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am using the EO app to charge. Never had issues before last night/this morning. It is a LR model. Not sure by what you mean by setting car timer for charge. Sorry - never used anything other than the app to charge
You can set a starting time for your charge using the car screen or in the Tesla app. You just leave the charge point permanently "on". without a schedule. The car screen or Tesla app also allows you to determine how much you want to put into the battery. Working with percentages you just need to be aware that you will be able to add about 40% in the 4 hour window you have with Octopus Go. (There isn't a start time and a stop time in the car settings ... just a start time ... so that's why you need to bear in mind how much you are planning to put into the battery otherwise you might go beyond your cheap rate.)

As above I have the same setup - I never use the EO app, just set the car to start charging at 12:30 and you’re done. Much easier.
Hi. I have the same issue. Only just started. How do you end the charge at 0430? I’ve got octopus go so want to charge from 0030 to 0430. App will NOT let me use the scheduled charging. Says there’s an issue with the wall charger but will charge if no schedule. Also - I have to reset at the mains after I get the error message. Total nightmare at the minute

Attachments

• 9ADE65DF-1453-45A5-B53A-A571194F9AB5.jpeg
    9ADE65DF-1453-45A5-B53A-A571194F9AB5.jpeg
    319.1 KB · Views: 74
You can set a starting time for your charge using the car screen or in the Tesla app. You just leave the charge point permanently "on". without a schedule. The car screen or Tesla app also allows you to determine how much you want to put into the battery. Working with percentages you just need to be aware that you will be able to add about 40% in the 4 hour window you have with Octopus Go. (There isn't a start time and a stop time in the car settings ... just a start time ... so that's why you need to bear in mind how much you are planning to put into the battery otherwise you might go beyond your cheap rate.)
I’ve had a look and can’t see a percentage for charge. I can see a start time and an ‘off peak’ charge in the app itself. Have to be honest, I’m useless at stuff like this. It works or it doesn’t! And it doesn’t right now! So I can start a charge at 0030, but how does it stop? Totally confused

Hi. I have the same issue. Only just started. How do you end the charge at 0430? I’ve got octopus go so want to charge from 0030 to 0430. App will NOT let me use the scheduled charging. Says there’s an issue with the wall charger but will charge if no schedule. Also - I have to reset at the mains after I get the error message. Total nightmare at the minute
I’ll take back what I said! I have now scheduled off peak charging in EO app 00:30-4:30 and then scheduled in Tesla app from 00:30 onwards. Seems to work although the Tesla app never sticks to scheduled and reverts to “departure by“ every time. Octopus Go.

EO will cut out 4:30 if you set it. Overrides car.
This is the whole point. EO charger will not let me use the schedule for charging. I keep getting error message about the equipment! I have always used the EO app to schedule charge overnight but for some reason, the schedule now doesn’t work in the app. If no schedule set, it will charge, so in essence, I now have a dumb EO mini pro 2 wall charger

I’ve had a look and can’t see a percentage for charge. I can see a start time and an ‘off peak’ charge in the app itself. Have to be honest, I’m useless at stuff like this. It works or it doesn’t! And it doesn’t right now! So I can start a charge at 0030, but how does it stop? Totally confused
I have my car set to read percentage. You can toggle between percentage and miles by tapping on the battery icon on the screen.

Your charger will deliver approximately 7kW per hour i.e. 10% of your battery per hour. I don’t know what it is in miles but you could use that too I imagine. You can only set the start time on the car so to avoid going beyond the 4 hour cheap rate you only want to add 40% (or less) …. So if you have 50% battery when the charge starts you can potentially charge up to 90%…. So 90% is what you set your charging limit to either on the car screen or on the Tesla app. The explanation may look complicated but it is spectacularly simple in practice!

I’ll take back what I said! I have now scheduled off peak charging in EO app 00:30-4:30 and then scheduled in Tesla app from 00:30 onwards. Seems to work although the Tesla app never sticks to scheduled and reverts to “departure by“ every time. Octopus Go.
The Tesla doesn’t have a stop time. It charges until it reaches the charge limit (in percentage or miles) that you have set with the slider on the car screen or in the Tesla app.

The Departure Time operates independently of the start time (yes that’s a bit odd). If you set a Departure time the car will try to plan its charging to fit in with that rather than the Start time you set.

Yep - my screen is exactly the same as yours, but come 0030, the schedule charge will not start. I have no idea why it’s suddenly stopped. Been fine since last April

This may sound obvious. Have you powered off the eo mini pro, wait a minute and power on - this will be via the consumer unit for it. They may have added a small consumer unit just for the charge point? You can use this to turn it off.

It is indeed a small embedded computer inside, it may have got itself in a confused state.

Worth a try, as how often does a reboot fix things.

This may sound obvious. Have you powered off the eo mini pro, wait a minute and power on - this will be via the consumer unit for it. They may have added a small consumer unit just for the charge point? You can use this to turn it off.

It is indeed a small embedded computer inside, it may have got itself in a confused state.

Worth a try, as how often does a reboot fix things.
Yes, I’ve tried that repeatedly

Yes, I’ve tried that repeatedly

Ah. You may well be yet another on here to report their EO charge point has a fault.

We discovered previously their support is only weekdays despite what their website says.

I've seen reports last year some needed a firmware upgrade to fix an odd schedule bug, but it needs an engineer visit.

I have my car set to read percentage. You can toggle between percentage and miles by tapping on the battery icon on the screen.

Your charger will deliver approximately 7kW per hour i.e. 10% of your battery per hour. I don’t know what it is in miles but you could use that too I imagine. You can only set the start time on the car so to avoid going beyond the 4 hour cheap rate you only want to add 40% (or less) …. So if you have 50% battery when the charge starts you can potentially charge up to 90%…. So 90% is what you set your charging limit to either on the car screen or on the Tesla app. The explanation may look complicated but it is spectacularly simple in practice!
So. I’ve set an alarm for 0030. No scheduled charge happening. I went in to the tesla app and pressed the start charging button. Car starts charging. So clearly nothing wrong with the actual equipment. This is a scheduling/EO issue. I can only hope EO resolve it swiftly. I can’t be setting alarms like this every night, I leave for work at 0615! And re charging via the car itself or tesla app - will my car not start to charge immediately when I insert the charge cables and I turn the EO schedule off? Or will the car rule?

Ah. You may well be yet another on here to report their EO charge point has a fault.

We discovered previously their support is only weekdays despite what their website says.

I've seen reports last year some needed a firmware upgrade to fix an odd schedule bug, but it needs an engineer visit.
I just don’t understand why it’s only just started to happen. The charger hasn’t missed a beat since last April. Only started as of Saturday night. And yes re their support. It’s nothing if the sort. It’s a number to record the fault. That’s it. No tech support at all

I just don’t understand why it’s only just started to happen. The charger hasn’t missed a beat since last April. Only started as of Saturday night. And yes re their support. It’s nothing if the sort. It’s a number to record the fault. That’s it. No tech support at all

It could be some internal bug triggered by number of days since a schedule was set and some sloppy maths, once this bug is hit there's no way back. This is just an example, I have no way of knowing.

I had lots of scheduling errors with my EO pro mini 2 when first installed in 2020, so I totally disabled all its smartness and I use it as a dumb charger ever since. So I'm not surprised.

Using the Tesla app I set scheduled departure charging for the time my Octopus Go Faster cheap rate ends.

I accept the EO should work correctly, but I lost faith in it myself.

I had a sort of similar issue not long after I had the charger installed. If I went into the app and changed anything, 99% of the time, the car would not start charging as scheduled and i'd have to power cycle the EO Mini 2. But, thankfully, at some point it started behaving itself. EO will generally lean towards blaming the wifi connection (which is BS in my case) but there you go.

I'm currently awaiting a call back from their techs regarding a "high priority" issue of electricity arcing when I plug in my charger, and have been quoted 7-10 days so unfortunately you may be right about not holding your breath.

Frankly there's not a lot you can do I don't think. As others have said, do the maths yourself and schedule the charge via the car, or, wait for EO to fix what definitely does sound like a charger fault.