Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EO mini pro charging issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my car set to read percentage. You can toggle between percentage and miles by tapping on the battery icon on the screen.

Your charger will deliver approximately 7kW per hour i.e. 10% of your battery per hour. I don’t know what it is in miles but you could use that too I imagine. You can only set the start time on the car so to avoid going beyond the 4 hour cheap rate you only want to add 40% (or less) …. So if you have 50% battery when the charge starts you can potentially charge up to 90%…. So 90% is what you set your charging limit to either on the car screen or on the Tesla app. The explanation may look complicated but it is spectacularly simple in practice!
So, toggle schedule charging off in EO app? And set enable schedule charging in tesla app? Then adjust battery percentage level to add 40% of charge during 0030-0430?

Attachments

• ED5CA9FE-B323-4B17-8183-41AB925C5352.png
    ED5CA9FE-B323-4B17-8183-41AB925C5352.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 83
So, toggle schedule charging off in EO app? And set enable schedule charging in tesla app? Then adjust battery percentage level to add 40% of charge during 0030-0430?

Yes (if you normally percondition by 6.15) otherwise just set the start time. Once set you shouldn't have to touch those settings you just may occasionally choose to alter your car max charge percentage if you want vary what your final state of charge to be.

Reactions: Price74
Just to second the method of - start time on scheduled charging then adjust the percentage of maximum charge. Took me a while to get my head around it, and after a few moany emails to Tesla asking why on earth they don’t have start and finish scheduled charging, it’s simple.
If you blow it by a few % then it’s no biggy.

Reactions: Price74
Just to second the method of - start time on scheduled charging then adjust the percentage of maximum charge. Took me a while to get my head around it, and after a few moany emails to Tesla asking why on earth they don’t have start and finish scheduled charging, it’s simple.
So - update re the EO wall charger. EO looked at it remotely. Said the software had corrupted and wiped it completely. I had to get home, turn off at the mains and reboot it. Turn scheduling on in EO app, plug cable in as normal…. I did this and as I write this, the EO app and scheduling appear to be behaving. Of course, I’ll only know for sure at 0030!

I still don’t get that way of charging - you have to manually change the max % each time. I’d prefer a plug and forget approach

So - update re the EO wall charger. EO looked at it remotely. Said the software had corrupted and wiped it completely. I had to get home, turn off at the mains and reboot it. Turn scheduling on in EO app, plug cable in as normal…. I did this and as I write this, the EO app and scheduling appear to be behaving. Of course, I’ll only know for sure at 0030!
Raspberry Pi corrupt SD I expect- quite common

I still don’t get that way of charging - you have to manually change the max % each time. I’d prefer a plug and forget approach
Not necessarily. You can leave it at the same percentage.
The only circumstance where you may want to vary the max percentage is if your charge wouldn’t complete within the 4 hr off peak window.

In my own case I also choose to charge to a slightly lower percentage some days because I want to take the opportunity to look after the battery. So some days I want to set my limit at 90% and some days I want to set my limit at 70%, or perhaps something in between.

Anyway this isn’t compulsory! It’s just a good option if not using the timer on your charge point.

Glad you hopefully got a resolution - although pretty p***** off right now as they were willing to fix your issue straight away, but my charger that is trying to kill me, gets ignored....
I harassed them all day/weekend. Called and emailed. Said it was urgent. Said it wasn’t acceptable. If it helps, there’s a chap there called Harry. He was and always has been extremely helpful. I’m sorry your issue has not been looked at expeditiously.

• Informative
Reactions: Billbrown1982