Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EPA range after wheel swap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have read some other posts that indicate max EPA range updates after a wheel swap. In my case, I went from Uberturbines to Inductions on MYP. I updated wheel configuration in service menu and rebooted (twice). It still seems to be basing the distance math off of 305 and not 326. It’s a silly / trivial concern but I am wondering: Is there is another way to get this to update?

In short no; the range estimate displayed is always based on the EPA range estimate for combined City/Highway driving for your model, i.e. the Performance Model Y.

You can use the range estimate displayed on the Energy Screen for average usage over the last 15 or 30 miles. That range estimate takes into account your recent driving efficiency, does not rely on the EPA estimate.

Your actual range will based on many factors but primarily speed, elevation changes, climate control usage, wind, rain, and temperature. The 20" Induction wheels are more efficient than the 21" Uberturbine wheels according to the data that Tesla submitted to the EPA. This is impacted by your speed.

Range loss with the different wheel options

Last edited: