Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the EPA revoke CA emissions waiver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can see the title to this thread becoming a reality this way:

1. Trump first appoints the next Supreme Court Justice (stolen from Obama as anyone with even the basic constitutional knowledge knows).

2. Trump instructs the federal justice department to constitutionally challenge California's state legislation, saying it usurps federal authority.

The justice department wins the case 5-4 with the new Supreme Court Justice being the deciding vote on the right of the bench.

Done -- and believe me this is highly likely their plan.

Now if we look at this result -- assuming it happens -- it will be done by a President who lost by over 3 million popular votes, and who appointed a Supreme Court Justice after Obama was illegally denied his rightful constitutional appointment -- the injustice of it all is almost as foul as the air that will be polluted. What gets me is that they breathe the same air, as do their children. It's only the corporations, who are a "person" at law, who don't breathe any air, and who benefit greatly.

I'll come down to protest if that happens, if they let me through the border...

Canadians say they were denied entry to US for Women's March - CNN.com

Last edited:
I can see the title to this thread becoming a reality this way:

1. Trump first appoints the next Supreme Court Justice (stolen from Obama as anyone with even the basic constitutional knowledge knows).

2. Trump instructs the federal justice department to constitutionally challenge California's state legislation, saying it usurps federal authority.

The justice department wins the case 5-4 with the new Supreme Court Justice being the deciding vote on the right of the bench.
this is the face of a foreigner commenting on things that he has no clue about.
the power of the executive branch is limited by the power of the congress, hence when a president overreaches the legislative branch reigns him in.
before posting ill informed and inflammatory nonsense it would be wise to become versed in how the US government works.
as for the women being denied entry, I am sure if I showed up at the canadian side and told the immigration staff that was headed to toronto to participate in a demonstration I'd be turned back as well, none issue here.

this is the face of a foreigner commenting on things that he has no clue about.
the power of the executive branch is limited by the power of the congress, hence when a president overreaches the legislative branch reigns him in...
You might want to study a bit of history. Your view seems to be from fourth grade civics, if they still had it when you were in fourth grade. Executive branch power has been steadily growing since at least 1863. President Lincoln used an Executive Order that changed the US, but raised huge furor at the time. Congress "reigns him in", but not very often. Canuck understands this pretty well. Not surprising, Canadian schools teach US government too.
before posting ill informed and inflammatory nonsense it would be wise to become versed in how the US government works...
Since he did not do that, and he's already well versed in US governmental processes, these words don't apply to his post.
...as for the women being denied entry, I am sure if I showed up at the canadian side and told the immigration staff that was headed to toronto to participate in a demonstration I'd be turned back as well, none issue here.
Odd you should raise that as your example. Back in 2010 there were demonstrations at the G20 Summit in Toronto. To my certain knowledge a fair number of US citizens entered Canada declaring they were entering to attend G20 Summit demonstrations and were admitted.

Frankly many US citizens are quite ill-informed about US history, including governmental issues. That is sad. Were civics, science and investigative process to be taught in US schools the US citizenry would be far better informed, maybe even to the point that the average US citizen would know as much about the US system as does the average Canadian knows about the US system.

this is the face of a foreigner commenting on things that he has no clue about... before posting ill informed and inflammatory nonsense it would be wise to become versed in how the US government works.

I took Constitutional Law in Law School at one of the top ranked Canadian Universities a large portion of which focused on the US Constitution and leading case-law. Since then I've practiced law for 25 years and I've followed closely American politics actually reading important decisions from the SCOTUS. @kort677 what is your education on this issue?...

Your view seems to be from fourth grade civics,

Thanks @jbcarioca but I think he would know more if he actually took that course.

To my certain knowledge a fair number of US citizens entered Canada declaring they were entering to attend G20 Summit demonstrations and were admitted.

Correct, but @kort677 can't let the facts get in the way of an attempted smack-down of me (that backfires on him). The crowds were larger for Trump than Obama too, right?

I wish the other side of this argument would debate me with facts rather than made up nonsense. I already had to deal with this one:

For a guy who comes from a country where free speech is a privilege and not a right, perhaps you'll find that there are a lot of Americans that don't give a damn about your opinions of their constitutional rights.
Wow, see Trumps Climate and Energy Policy just put up on the White House Site

More utter nonsense, as I pointed out since in Canada, section 2(b) of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects “freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication”. So it's a right, not a privilege, in Canada.

I like a good debate. Please can we get some people from the right who can provide us with an intellectual debate and not grade school name calling?! I know there are many of them out there. One thing I never do when debating is attack where a person is from. @kort677 and @Black/Black MS seem to like to point out where I am from as if it some derogatory comment or it makes them superior. I can never understand that.

this is the face of a foreigner

Is there is an actual point to this? It doesn't make you look superior by pointing this out. Then again, it probably does to certain people which makes it even more offensive.

Last edited:
obama was a law
I took Constitutional Law in Law School at one of the top ranked Canadian Universities a large portion of which focused on the US Constitution and leading case-law. Since then I've practiced law for 25 years and I've followed closely American politics actually reading important decisions from the SCOTUS. @kort677 what is your education on this issue?...
thanks @jbcarioca but I think he would know more if he actually took that course.

Correct, but @kort677 can't let the facts get in the way of an attempted smack-down of me (that backfires on him). The crowds were larger for Trump than Obama too, right?

I wish the other side of this argument would debate me with facts rather than made up nonsense. I already had to deal with this one:

Wow, see Trumps Climate and Energy Policy just put up on the White House Site

More utter nonsense, as I pointed out since in Canada, section 2(b) of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms protects “freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression, including freedom of the press and other media of communication”. So it's a right, not a privilege, in Canada.

I like a good debate. Please can we get some people from the right who can provide us with an intellectual debate and not grade school name calling?! One thing I never do when debating is attack where a person is from. @kort677 and @Black/Black MS seem to like to point out where I am from as if it some derogatory comment or it makes them superior. I can never understand that.
proof positive of how little you know of the division of power and the legislative processes in the US. your canuck laws/rights are irrelevant.

obama was a law

proof positive of how little you know of the division of power and the legislative processes in the US. your canuck laws/rights are irrelevant.

Interesting that you started to write "Obama was a law[yer]" which I caught when I went to quote you but then you edited it out. So Obama doesn't know about constitutional law either, right?

It's obvious you've never taken a university level "Constitutional Law" course or you would never make that comment. Constitutional Law courses deal with history and comparative law. I can't keep educating you but just google "supreme court of the united states declaring state law ultra vires" and read the cases and judicial review articles that follow.

Interesting that you started to write "Obama was a law[yer]" which I caught when I went to quote you but then you edited it out. So Obama doesn't know about constitutional law either, right?
he may have the degree, but many of his actions were not in compliance with the constitution. nonetheless all you can do is insult and post irrelevant info. thanks for playing and come back when you grasp the US form of government and how the government is structured and how it operates.

I respect everyone's opinion here, but can we not eliminate the derogatory statements and get back on the thread title. I think we all are concerned about the environment and how the new administration might impact our concerns. I have lots of concerns on many levels but how we leave this earth to the next generation is the most important to me.

Tesla CEO Elon Musk meets with President Trump to talk American manufacturing, Ford CEO and other execs are present

After those recent meetings and during a Q&A with investors earlier this month, Musk appeared to be more optimistic about the Trump administration’s view on renewable energy:

“The President-elect has a strong emphasis on US manufacturing and so do we. We are building the biggest factory in the world right here, creating US jobs… I think we may see some surprising things from the next administration. We don’t think they will be negative on fossil fuels… but they may also be positive on renewables.

upload_2017-1-23_20-54-56.png

Tim Cook looks like a fish out of water ... :cool: