Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Epic Journeys, Risky Roadtrips

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I'm soon to be getting my hands on a S90D of my own. Currently I have a 2011 Leaf with about 18kWh of useful energy. To me an epic journey is heading out 100kms past the last certain charger and hoping I find a friendly cafe owner who'll let me plug in.
The best one so far was heading into Pureora National Park to do an 85km electric bike trip with my buddy. The weather was bad, it was Winter and so we had very little daylight but it was midday before we began, we didn't know if the bikes would have the range or if the park ranger's office would let us charge the car while we were riding. If they didn't we were toast regardless of the bike's performance. Luckily they were really helpful and our bike's batteries held up. Apart from two punctures meaning we finished in the dark it was awesome!
IMAG1761.jpg IMAG1763.jpg IMAG1765.jpg
Soon I'm expecting to be able to head out for 400+km without breaking a sweat. I'll need to look harder for challenges! What's the greatest trip into the unknown you've taken? What's been your best save? Was it fun or scary? Worth it or never again? Let's hear your stories :)

Hi all, I'm soon to be getting my hands on a S90D of my own. Currently I have a 2011 Leaf with about 18kWh of useful energy. To me an epic journey is heading out 100kms past the last certain charger and hoping I find a friendly cafe owner who'll let me plug in.
The best one so far was heading into Pureora National Park to do an 85km electric bike trip with my buddy. The weather was bad, it was Winter and so we had very little daylight but it was midday before we began, we didn't know if the bikes would have the range or if the park ranger's office would let us charge the car while we were riding. If they didn't we were toast regardless of the bike's performance. Luckily they were really helpful and our bike's batteries held up. Apart from two punctures meaning we finished in the dark it was awesome!
View attachment 273054 View attachment 273055 View attachment 273056
Soon I'm expecting to be able to head out for 400+km without breaking a sweat. I'll need to look harder for challenges! What's the greatest trip into the unknown you've taken? What's been your best save? Was it fun or scary? Worth it or never again? Let's hear your stories :)

Hi NiallDarwin,

You should check some of the trips done in outback Australia :)

Outback mystery tour
Anticlockwise Adventure!
Red Centre Adventure !
Tesla adventure in Outback Queensland and North-QLD

@Blue heaven @MDK @RichardMcN @Dylanpete