Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Epoxy, JB weld or…?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pulled too far into a poorly spaced supercharger and snagged my bumper when I pulled out. No issue going in but the car lowered while it charged and ****ed it up on the exit. I heard it start to scrape so I raised it and then pulled out but it was already jacked. Prob woulda pulled the whole bumper not just one side of I didn't raise it first.

The lower part of the bumper like the undercarriage black plastic is pretty well shot but I can easily buy that from Tesla and install it.

But the bumper itself is my issue. On the driver's side there is that one screw that holds it in place in the upper fender well and that piece broke as well as one of the clips in the lower fender well. The thing is holding pretty well with just the basic tiny alignment clips for now. I think the top one in the frunk might've ripped too.

I wanna know what is the best way to "weld" plastic. I've fixed a lot of crap over the years but never had to deal with plastic in this sense. What kind of material should I use to secure it back together? And no I'm not buying a new jillion dollar bumper and a paint job so don't suggest that.