Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EQ keeps resetting on latest firmware update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
O.K., which one of you guys did this to me?! After making the statement "I have stability, no rescans" I went out to the car to check something and you can guess, it was rescanning.:( At a faster rate than it used to, but still rescanning. My guess is that it has been doing so al along while I was not in the car. You know the old saying "the phantom did it, it wasn't me!" Yep, the phantom has been sneaking into my car when I wasn't watching.

At least, my favorites were retained in the rescan. :D

Just a followup on this, problem is gone with the latest update. Of course the dolby surround randomly shuts off but that's been happening with basically every firmware revision since the beginning of time.
Yes, I've noticed that as well. (I'm on 2.52.22.) I don't think it's random, as Dolby Surround stays on as long as I listen to a USB source. It seems to get turned off when I switch to the radio or a compressed TuneIn stream, probably because it wouldn't sound good with those audio sources. Then I switch back to USB, notice it doesn't sound right, open up the equalizer pane, and observe that Dolby Surround has been turned off.

Yes, I've noticed that as well. (I'm on 2.52.22.) I don't think it's random, as Dolby Surround stays on as long as I listen to a USB source. It seems to get turned off when I switch to the radio or a compressed TuneIn stream, probably because it wouldn't sound good with those audio sources. Then I switch back to USB, notice it doesn't sound right, open up the equalizer pane, and observe that Dolby Surround has been turned off.
Of course, today I actually tried to test my theory (twice) by deliberately listening to other audio sources, then leaving the car and coming back hours later to play tracks from USB. Dolby Surround remained on, and the problem didn't reproduce. :confused: