TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Eric PB from Paris, just ordered an MS 60 for UberX and an MX for me

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Taipan, May 10, 2014.

1. Taipan

Taipan Member

Greetings all,

I'm an old-timer Made-In-Germany cars fanatic, started with a VW Passat V6 4 Motion then BMW Z3 M Coupé, Audi RS4 track-modified MTM 460hp Safety Car for FR/UK RS clubs and BMW 330d xDrive Touring for daily use.

Recently found out about Tesla and was convinced after googling reviews and user-feedbacks in forums so I placed an order for an MS 60 due end of August and a pre-order for an MX due mid-2015 in France.

Seems like my MS 60 is the first Tesla ordered by an Uber driver in France, according to both Tesla and Uber Paris Ops. Though they had a 3-day co-brand demo with an MS & Tesla crew last spring.

Tesla Paris was very helpful and let me test the car in real-life conditions with Uber for 8 hours: the dozen riders were absolutely ecstatic ("OMG ! Is this for real ?") about the experience and kept taking pictures while texting friends and whatever Whatsapp/Instagram/Twitter/FB they use.

Riders also kept telling me "You don't see it cause you're driving but everyone in the street is looking at you, they're taking pictures too, it's unreal !".

People stopped me at red lights "Is that the Tesla ? It's available in France ? Do you have a brochure ?", probably gave away fifty of the folded leaflet.
    It was just nuts, felt like a rockstar for half-a-day :cool:

Cheers,

Eric PB

Attached Files:

2. DaveT

DaveT Searcher of green pastures

Welcome to the forums. Great to hear your story from France.

3. Paul Carter

Paul Carter Active Member

Welcome! I just bought a 60 as well while I'm waiting for the X. Just posted my intro as well.

4. Objective1

Objective1 Member

Will a 60 work for an Uber driver? How many miles/km do you drive in a typical day?