TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Erie, PA Supercharger Updates

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Newscutter, Dec 1, 2014.

1. gimmi80

gimmi80 Member

I'm charging right now. Everything working fine.
    On my way to the Cleveland service center for the yearly service. I really hope my loaner is a p90d!

2. wolfpet

wolfpet Member

Great news!!! I was counting on this charger for my trip to DC in a few weeks. Thanks for updating this thread guys.

3. jrreno

jrreno Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile

Charged in Erie for the first time. Ate at Applebees and let it charge to 230 rated. Drove to the east side of Rochester (183 miles ) and arrived with 42 miles ( we had a pretty good tail wind)

IMG_3102.JPG

• Like x 1
  4. shivasmith

shivasmith Member

Awesome... great news finally! :)

5. madodel

madodel X at the end of a rainbow

6. Richard S

Richard S Member

Anyone have an idea of how busy this SC is/has been. Away from home and will want to use this location frequently.
    Thanks.

7. 1101011

1101011 Proud TSLA/SCTY shareholder since 2012.

Lots of room. Shouldn't be a problem...

8. Cayman

Cayman New Member

Charged there July 3 at 1 am - something was wrong with this supercharger it is slow, came in with 50mph and the fastest it was charging was only about 240mph, by the time we hit 160mph it slowed down to only 100 mph. tried 3 difference chargers - all same result.

Went on to Buffalo supercharger and at only 40 miles batterythe charger went to 380 mph, by 160 miles it only went down to 310mph.

9. Syd

Syd Member

did you report it?

10. Caber13

Caber13 Member

Came through late Friday night (5/26), Tesla maps in my Model X says temporarily closed. Can anyone confirm?

11. Duckjybe

Duckjybe Member

Seems to be working even though showing closed on the nav. I am charging now at normal power levels on 3A. I called Tesla to let them know. They couldn't tell me why it was flagged closed.

• Informative x 1
  12. Caber13

Caber13 Member

Thanks, I should have tested it Friday night, but at 1 AM, I still needed to make it to Pittsburgh and it was very tight coming from Buffalo in my MX 75D. Had to go 55-60 MPH all the way down. Appreciate the post!

13. J_Cube

J_Cube Member

I see that on Nav Erie is still showing as closed. I am planning on trip from OH to NY late this month and am wondering on whether I should plan around this SC being available. Any info would be appreciated.

14. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

Had the same concern during a recent trip from Cleveland, OH to Boston, MA. We successfully charged at this SpC in BOTH directions, as recently as 7 days ago. There is a Pittsburgh, PA Facebook group for Tesla Owners that provided me verification it was operational. In that medium, there was a post from a member indicating that they are up, but charging at a "slower than usual rate" (we saw 60-80 kW charging while there but that could have been SOC).

Bottom line though is that it works, charging slower-- and it is prob marked "closed" because at some point they will probably take it down to "repair" whatever is the issue. When that happens it wouldn't prob work--- and will that be a fix that takes hours, or days? Who knows. There are some good alternate options on PlugShare but all would require a few hours.

BTW-- our 85D was able to make it from our home, to Buffalo NY, without needing the Erie PA charger. But it did want us to drive 65 or slower at points. If you drive at the speed limit you'd be okay, I suspect. Of course if you have a 60/70/75 YRMV.

15. arijaycomet

arijaycomet Member

See attached. Useful update

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  16. J_Cube

J_Cube Member

Thanks so much for the update. I will plan on using Erie, but will have a backup plan just in case and will check before I depart
    Cincinnati area.