Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Erie, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged in Erie for the first time. Ate at Applebees and let it charge to 230 rated. Drove to the east side of Rochester (183 miles ) and arrived with 42 miles ( we had a pretty good tail wind)

IMG_3102.JPG

Reactions: JakeP
Charged there July 3 at 1 am - something was wrong with this supercharger it is slow, came in with 50mph and the fastest it was charging was only about 240mph, by the time we hit 160mph it slowed down to only 100 mph. tried 3 difference chargers - all same result.

Went on to Buffalo supercharger and at only 40 miles batterythe charger went to 380 mph, by 160 miles it only went down to 310mph.

Seems to be working even though showing closed on the nav. I am charging now at normal power levels on 3A. I called Tesla to let them know. They couldn't tell me why it was flagged closed.
Thanks, I should have tested it Friday night, but at 1 AM, I still needed to make it to Pittsburgh and it was very tight coming from Buffalo in my MX 75D. Had to go 55-60 MPH all the way down. Appreciate the post!

I see that on Nav Erie is still showing as closed. I am planning on trip from OH to NY late this month and am wondering on whether I should plan around this SC being available. Any info would be appreciated.

Had the same concern during a recent trip from Cleveland, OH to Boston, MA. We successfully charged at this SpC in BOTH directions, as recently as 7 days ago. There is a Pittsburgh, PA Facebook group for Tesla Owners that provided me verification it was operational. In that medium, there was a post from a member indicating that they are up, but charging at a "slower than usual rate" (we saw 60-80 kW charging while there but that could have been SOC).

Bottom line though is that it works, charging slower-- and it is prob marked "closed" because at some point they will probably take it down to "repair" whatever is the issue. When that happens it wouldn't prob work--- and will that be a fix that takes hours, or days? Who knows. There are some good alternate options on PlugShare but all would require a few hours.

BTW-- our 85D was able to make it from our home, to Buffalo NY, without needing the Erie PA charger. But it did want us to drive 65 or slower at points. If you drive at the speed limit you'd be okay, I suspect. Of course if you have a 60/70/75 YRMV.