Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Erie, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But along with the joy comes responsibility: Going North of Erie: required list of extra equipment:

1. Snow tires
2. Chains (cables ok)
2a. Sack of kitty litter
3. Butt warmer if no heated seats
4. Mukluks on feet
5. Snow shovel and pick axe
6. Parkas, sleeping bags/blankets, wool caps
7. sunglasses, salves and lotions
8. Caveat: TM neither endorses or encourages travel north of the 42nd Parallel by providing this Erie SuperCharger!
--

Glad to hear about the Erie SC. I've had my Model S 85 since last April. During warm weather I was able to make the trip from Buffalo to the Macedonia SC with about 30 miles of range remaining after a full charge. Yesterday, a 160 miles round trip to visit my son'e family in Rochester consumed about 215 miles of range, making me doubt that I could comfortably make it to Macedonia on a full charge. Clearly a SC in Erie the the answer.

Just discovered the update to the "coming soon" map and was so excited I opened a new topic.

I've been asking for this for several years; it's the obvious key to getting from Cleveland to upstate New York.

Thanks again, Tesla.

In summer, it would be possible to head straight west from Ithaca along I-86. In winter, it would be necessary to detour through Buffalo, but the detour isn't really that much longer.

Erie (along with Buffalo) also makes it possible to do the Pittsburgh-Toronto trip.

Last edited:
Thanks for checking, it's going to be a pain if I have to stop in Evangola to get to Rochester again this year!
My spies still see no progress in Clarence, the one that Tesla said would be done before the end of December.

I passed through Erie again this weekend, and did a lap around the Millcreek Mall, and some of the spots on Peach St and even near the Waterford Exit. Hard to see any construction amidst piles of snow that are ten feet high or more, but I saw nothing Tesla-related, or even suspicious.

I spoke with Summit Twp and Harborcreek Twp zoning administrators, and they say no permits for charging stations have been issued. Millcreek Twp said that Tesla had inquired about the Millcreek Mall, and has discussed the permitting requirements, but has not yet submitted any plans, or disclosed a location. But Tesla had also asked for the numbers for nearby townships such as Summit, which may indicate that a location has not been finalized.

Summit Twp includes the Peach St Interchange, and the Millcreek Mall is just across the Millcreek Twp border, just off Peach St down below Wegman's.

I'm planning a trip from Central VA up to Niagara in late June. I'm hoping against hope that both the Erie and Buffalo supercharges are up and running by then, as it would shave hours off of my drive. Keep up the good work on this thread guys and I'll keep checking it with my fingers crossed! :smile: