TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Err... hey Vancouver, where do I park?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by bcsteeve, Aug 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Short notice. Hope someone can help alleviate my concern.

It has been YEARS since I've driven in Vancouver. I'm coming down from Kelowna tomorrow to take a Tesla for an overnight test drive. What the Tesla folks didn't mention is where I'd be leaving my car?? I figured it would be on "the lot", but I just looked at the address and see they're on Robson St. They won't have a "lot", will they? Should I be parking outside of the city and riding the SkyTrain in? Even then, I'm not sure where to park overnight.

2. ElectricFarmBoy

I'm quite sure that the parkcade behind Tesla on Robson (where they have the test drive vehicles) lets you self park overnight. It is where Fairmont guests park. Enter it off Hornby as if you are going to the Fairmont just past Robson and keep turning left... Hope this helps and enjoy!!

3. bcsteeve

bcsteeve Member

Never mind. Awesome service... they answered my email at 11:30 at night to tell me not to worry and I can leave my car with them. @ Vancouver overnight parking rates, I think that's half the Tesla cost they just saved me.

But thanks EFB! I appreciate your responding.

4. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

I don't know if they give the tester cars from the Robson street store or the service center on Powell street. If it's from the Powell street service center, you can park there, and they lock the gate.

5. Ronist

Ronist Member

street parking is free after 10pm.

6. Soolim

Soolim Member

#6 Soolim, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
    My unsolicited advice: On your test drive, make sure you visit the service center in Vancouver and make friends there. They are all good guys and gals, and TJ is exceptional in every way. Once you own a Tesla, you need more help from the SC than anyone else (except this forum:wink:).