Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Erroneous FCW alerts w/ FSD Beta 10.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
one question for the folks that have the beta now - can you revert to the old style Autopilot like we could with the traffic light beta?
or even, would you want to?
Yes, there is a slider to turn off FSD Beta and it looks exactly like it did before. Unfortunately this update also messed up the autopilot system with FSD is off too so that doesn't really do much at the moment.

Yes, there is a slider to turn off FSD Beta and it looks exactly like it did before. Unfortunately this update also messed up the autopilot system with FSD is off too so that doesn't really do much at the moment.
thank you @leepoffaith - I'm on 97 and have been for weeks now, so I'm hoping to get the beta as a xmas present :)
I'm guessing Tesla must be getting a tsunami of data now from the expanded beta pool, so they will be well aware of the issues you guys are seeing.
I for one appreciate the efforts the current testers so that its improved by the time I get it.
It's so good to see these posts now that the NDA has gone.

I received the 10.3 update early this AM (having been hovering just above 99 for the last couple weeks this was my first access to it), and have had a very rough initial experience of it. Among the problems encountered on my first out and back trip:
  • Multiple scenarios (~8-10) where I needed to take control or autopilot disengaged after 10 or so miles of suburban driving.
  • Multiple audible indicators for FCW upon approaching / proceeding through 3 successive lights. All three were false indicators. Subsequently I was unable to engage autopilot.
  • Thinking perhaps a clean slate might be in order, I rebooted prior to making the return leg. The vehicle still would not permit me to engage autopilot.
  • But it did yield at least 3 additional erroneous audible FCW alerts. The first came as I proceeded through a light that is not yet active (it’s not powered on and the lights have covers on them) and then ~10-30 seconds later while driving normally on a divided state highway w/ little to no surrounding traffic.
So I think I may be in the penalty box for strikeouts.... alas the FCW stuff was totally erroneous! I did press the video feedback button after one of these occurrences and have mailed fsdbeta twice but nothing back yet (not unexpectedly).

So anyone else seeing this?
Yes, a bunch of them. I think there is a glitch in the Matrix. I will be in there with you.

I just got this reply on other thread:

99 here for 3 weeks and 1000+ miles.

Received update today but UNABLE to use FSD/AP/TACC because of a bug affecting many of us. Possible push was halted because of that.
Unplug your usb drive disable sentry and summon stand by and reboot. There’s a Tesla support post somewhere about it

if it works please report back.