Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Erroneous FCW alerts w/ FSD Beta 10.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here with FCWs knocking down my score and then the install of 36.5.1 showing me out of beta and with a now lower Safety Score of 98 due to FCWs during first beta 10.3 drive this morning. Ugh. I have been a 99'er and finally late last night recieved the FSDBeta email notice that they will be pushing FSD Beta Version 10.3 to my 2021 Model S LR, and installed the update early this morning. One short drive with 10.3 and a couple errant FCWs despite nothing around at all (driving in middle lane and no other cars front or back.) Hope this doesn't prevent me from getting right back into beta / 10.3 when it's ready.
yeah mine went down to 96 cause i had a long drive which my fcw was going crazy. I hope they let me back at in cause thats not my fault

I feel like their testing efforts need improved. This was by far the most serious but there and routinely head scratching regressions in random stuff.. They need to start paying attention to these gaps and put someone on improving it.
Agreed. Almost the warnings were so insane that I had to turn FCW off and drive manually. Then I got a hard emergency automatic braking that almost got me rear ended on the way home. It was by far my worst experience driving in either of my Teslas but I’m hopeful they’ll get it straightened out soon.

Reactions: BCNY
Wow, just got in with my 99 this morning and it's been quite a day. Got to use it once and then each subsequent drive showed autosteer and cruise as unavailable. Attempted to use the trick of unplugged my SSD and turning off sentry, but this only worked once. Then like many of you, started getting the erroneous FCWs galore. Had to visit a family member and couldn't use FSD beta or even basic AP after I turned off FSD. I had to turn off the FCW, set to none, as it was just endlessly alerting. TACC would engage and disengage after about 10 seconds on the highway. However, I was on the highway traveling around 65 or 70mph on my return trip, again FSD and basic AP not functioning, and out of the middle of nowhere with nothing happening, my car slammed on the brakes and showed the warning "emergency braking in progress". Thankfully there wasn't anyone close enough to hit me.
I'm hoping I get the update to roll me back because the car is basically unusable with this version. If my safety score comes back and includes that drive, I won't ever get back in the program. Was cool for that one 2 mile drive I guess....

Agreed. Almost the warnings were so insane that I had to turn FCW off and drive manually. Then I got a hard emergency automatic braking that almost got me rear ended on the way home. It was by far my worst experience driving in either of my Teslas but I’m hopeful they’ll get it straightened out soon.
Tesla MUST remove 10.3 before in the morning commute. There will likely be rear end accidents attributed to it.

Wow, just got in with my 99 this morning and it's been quite a day. Got to use it once and then each subsequent drive showed autosteer and cruise as unavailable. Attempted to use the trick of unplugged my SSD and turning off sentry, but this only worked once. Then like many of you, started getting the erroneous FCWs galore. Had to visit a family member and couldn't use FSD beta or even basic AP after I turned off FSD. I had to turn off the FCW, set to none, as it was just endlessly alerting. TACC would engage and disengage after about 10 seconds on the highway. However, I was on the highway traveling around 65 or 70mph on my return trip, again FSD and basic AP not functioning, and out of the middle of nowhere with nothing happening, my car slammed on the brakes and showed the warning "emergency braking in progress". Thankfully there wasn't anyone close enough to hit me.
I'm hoping I get the update to roll me back because the car is basically unusable with this version. If my safety score comes back and includes that drive, I won't ever get back in the program. Was cool for that one 2 mile drive I guess....
at the moment yes it does include that drive

Well, though I am disappointed that the push and software/firmware didn't go as planned and we might be pushed back a bit, I am DEEPLY encouraged and WILDLY excited to see what lays ahead for us all after my 3 initial drives with FSD. WOW when they eventually get it right it is gonna be SOOOOOOO AMAZING!! It flawlessly navigated some winding streets in my area and merged into traffic with both a left turn with on coming traffic and a right turn that's even hard for me to navigate because of bushes and a large power pole that obscures your vision (guessing the cameras have better vantage point than drivers seat does). That said, I shall patiently wait.

And my car no longer has FSD beta on it...
So I got into FSD Beta last Wednesday or so with a score of 100. Drove around own 10.2 for about 2 days and then this morning upgrade him to 10. 3 with all the at forward collision warnings and automatic emergency breaking errors and then I got another update date and now my car has no FSD beta and is back to using radar stack auto pilot

So I got into FSD Beta last Wednesday or so with a score of 100. Drove around own 10.2 for about 2 days and then this morning upgrade him to 10. 3 with all the at forward collision warnings and automatic emergency breaking errors and then I got another update date and now my car has no FSD beta and is back to using radar stack auto pilot
How do you know the radar is back from vision?

Ski

Just confirmed that yes still works. Took it for a quick fsd test drive.
So do you think the camera calibration is the quirk? My model S updated to the Beta early this morning here in Florida, Went for test drive was AMAZED, parked like many and no more functionality, came home, regression software began downloading,.... it didn't finish before I went to store, FSD worked again. parked at store, no more FSD, came home, car connected to wifi, tells me software up to date and is still 36.5.2..... Hmmmmm?????

Tesla MUST remove 10.3 before in the morning commute. There will likely be rear end accidents attributed to it.
I agree, that was very alarming and scary. I don't want to say I'm happy that I'm not the only one it happened to, because that was not fun, but it's good to not be alone.

Was fun to be a part of the beta team for 12 hours, but I'll be happy to get rid of this version.

So do you think the camera calibration is the quirk? My model S updated to the Beta early this morning here in Florida, Went for test drive was AMAZED, parked like many and no more functionality, came home, regression software began downloading,.... it didn't finish before I went to store, FSD worked again. parked at store, no more FSD, came home, car connected to wifi, tells me software up to date and is still 36.5.2..... Hmmmmm?????
Definitely fixed the ton of FWCs I was getting, that in turn was what I believe the reason why FSD got disabled. Camera calibration fixed the FWC, and in turn re enabled fsd

Reactions: Eugene Ash