Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error: “Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable”. Software update required.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

afadeev

Feb 28, 2019
NYC
This is a new one for me.
Curious if anyone has encountered an issue similar to mine, and what the Tesla SA solution to it may have been.

I picked up this error after an OTA software update did not install correctly in early/mid-December.

A few OTA updates and reboots later (I am currently on 2019.40.50.7), the issue has persisted.
It manifests itself as constant nagging error messages on both LHS and main parts of the screen: "Autopilot Safety/Convenience Features Unavailable". "Software update required. Contact Tesla Service". See pics below.

Tesla IMG_20200101_131817.jpg

Tesla IMG_20200101_131824.jpg

The practical effect is that all AP/TACC/AS/AP/Lane Assist as well as other safety and convenience features are all down.
The only two I really miss are cruise control (TA part is optional), and the current "speed limit" icon that I got used to relying on in Model 3, as well as all my other cars.

I did schedule a SC service appointment.
In my neck of the woods, the lead time is ~45 days, and I have ~10 more days to go before my time.
Has anyone run into anything similar?
How did it get resolved?

TIA,
a