Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error 1118

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car is in storage in PA and it's throwing an error 1118 'Powertrain Problem Service Required.' The charging ring is white.

According to the VDS error code list this is 'DMC FW: Voltage Discharge Time Warning.'

Has anyone seen this before? I guess next step is to have it towed to the closest service center.

FullSizeRender.jpeg

If the fuses in question are the ones on the AC input wires coming from the charge port, then the 2004266 number must be a Tesla part number. The actual fuse part number is FWH-150B, made by Eaton Bussmann. It's 500V 150A, fast acting. When one of mine blew I was able to buy one off the shelf at Grainger for $100 to get back in operation. But since this was the second instance on my car (the first time was back in 2009), I decided to carry spares. I bought two on Amazon for about $40 each.
61NMdWiEy2L._AC_SL1280_.jpg

Your car appears to be a 2.5, so replacement of these fuses is easy. They are accessed under a little panel on the right end of the PEM. My car is a 1.5 which requires taking off the whole top cover with a zillion screws some of which are hard to access because of the sloped edge adjacent to the trunk tub.

The only problem with this answer is that the error 1118 doesn't fit this failure. The ones I got were:

#925 DMC HW: Common Mode Sense fault
#1084: External Charger Problem (the GFCI tripped)
#955: DMC FW: Line Sync Loss fault
#963: DMC FW: Line Current Not Equal Request fault
#934: DMC FW: Line OverCurrent Peak fault

If the fuses in question are the ones on the AC input wires coming from the charge port, then the 2004266 number must be a Tesla part number. The actual fuse part number is FWH-150B, made by Eaton Bussmann. It's 500V 150A, fast acting. When one of mine blew I was able to buy one off the shelf at Grainger for $100 to get back in operation. But since this was the second instance on my car (the first time was back in 2009), I decided to carry spares. I bought two on Amazon for about $40 each.

Thank you! Yes, your specs appear to line up with the part description:
upload_2021-2-6_19-56-49.png