Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error 1554 - Wiki says I need to pull battery fuse and pull ESS switch. Where?

hi all,

I got Error 1554: VMS: Not receiving VDS version number.
The wiki says:
Car can drive but a full RESET is needed: In the front hood pull battery fuse and in the trunk pull the orange ESS Main switch. Then wait 3 minutes.

But where do I find the battery fuse in the front hood? And what is the orange ESS Main Switch that needs to be pulled? I can't seem to find them. Thanks in advance for assisting! I already tried a different method I read about: pull blue and black cables from VMS. It resetted the VMS, but didn't do much good.

Note: it's a 2.5

Last edited:
The orange ESS service disconnect is located on the drivers rear section of the ESS, exactly as spaceballs had indicated:
bindon7.jpg

When the disconnect is pulled (cap removed) it looks like this:
Capture.PNG

Last edited:

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC