TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Error [Car Name] (VIN) is no longer in your Tesla account.

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by dEEt, Sep 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. dEEt

dEEt Member

So, ever since I tried opening the Tesla App (version 3.10.0) on my phone while the V10 update was in process I've been getting this error:

"Error [Car Name] (VIN) is no longer in your Tesla account. You have been signed out."

Everything looks OK on the Tesla website.

I can sign back in to the App and everything appears to be fine... (although each time I have to re-enable Touch ID and all the notifications)... but then after a few hours if I look at the Tesla app again, I get the above error again and am signed out.

This doesn't happen every time, but it appears to happen if I haven't been in the Tesla App for a longer period of time (hours).

In the last 12 hours, this has happened 3-4 times.

Note: The App was also updated yesterday to 3.10.0 - around 6 hours before the car was updated to V10. So it may be an App (3.10.0) problem and not a firmware (V10) issue.

Is anyone else having this problem?

• Like x 1
  2. Revelation

Revelation Member

Yep, rebooted my phone and the problem went away.

• Like x 1
  3. r0xx0r

r0xx0r Member

That message gave me heart attack few times this week lol.

• Like x 2
  4. dEEt

dEEt Member

Gave rebooting a shot.

So far so good.

Thanks for the tip.

• Like x 1
  5. SalisburySam

SalisburySam Supporting Member

Same thing the first time I opened v3.10.0 on my iPhone7. I closed the app, re-opened it, and all was good. Hasn’t happened since. Car is still on v32.2.2.

6. animorph

animorph Active Member

I noticed it when first opening the v3.10 app on both of our phones, but switching between our Teslas in the app was enough to clear the problem. The apps have been fine since.

7. dEEt

dEEt Member

Based on everything in this thread, it's an app v.3.10.0 issue and not a firmware v.10 issue.

I haven't had any additional issues since rebooting the phone. (I'll have to remember to try that the next time the app starts acting "funky".)

8. Rockster

Rockster Active Member

Happened just once to me.

9. jjrandorin

jjrandorin Another BMW convert

yes, happened to me several times yesterday. I was still logged into my solar but the car disappeared.

10. notAnExpert

notAnExpert Member

I’m not sure if rebooting the phone is what fixes it. I had this issue happen to me once yesterday. I didn’t reboot my phone, but tried the app on my wife’s phone (same Tesla account). That worked. Then I went back to my phone and it started working. So I suspect this issue was caused by some momentary server side flakiness.

11. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Member

Happened to me on iOS13 and i do NOT have v10 yet, so i think it is an app issue as well.

12. 640k

640k Member

this happened to me and it logged me out. once i logged in, the car was there. after the recent app update, it seemed to "forget" there was a car linked to the account because i wasn't getting notifications. i had to select the car from available cars in order for them to work again.

13. WilliamG

WilliamG Active Member

Everything you stated happened to me, too. Was perplexed because my wife’s iPhone was getting notifications but mine wasn’t. Had to select my car again.

14. SMAlset

SMAlset Well-Known Member

Same here but slightly different message for both my car and my husband's. This was on Friday, 9/26.

"ERROR Model _ (VIN) is no longer in your Tesla account. (OK Button)" That was it. I was able to switch cars on my phone app (which had been updated recently to the new iOS version). I checked my online account using my laptop and saw I was logged in and my car was there. Something similar happened to my husband's account and we thought it was weird. Later we were prompted I think to sign into our app again and it seemed to have cleared it up.

Last night we both received our 2019.32.11 v10 updates and notifications were working on our phones so figure it was a glitch and no biggie.