TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Error code 1087

Discussion in 'Roadster: Technical' started by augkuo, May 27, 2013.

1. augkuo

augkuo Member

I got this on my VDS today -I've asked Johnny Chan what this means so I'll post an update when I get an answer -
    photo (5).JPG

2. augkuo

augkuo Member

Also I noticed that on the temperature bar page, it now gives me the actual temps -

2013-05-27 19.38.47.jpg

3. Smop

Smop Banned

Did you take your car in for service recently? Looks like the tech left your VDS in debug mode.

4. augkuo

augkuo Member

ah ok - so maybe I get that error too because of debug mode but perhaps there's an impending failure ;(

5. jaanton

jaanton Roadster NA #1026

I'm suspicious. I updated my OVMS to the 2.3.2 firmware on Sunday and have had the OVMS report Alert Code TN2N/1087 04000000 three times since then. Nothing on the VDS display. Just my OVMS phone app. Maybe 1087 is an internal warning code which doesn't normally show on the VDS unless it's in debug mode. Might be a clue that something is outside normal operation, but not to failure yet. My reports have always occurred when I turned the car on with my key, but not on every turn on.

6. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

In debug mode it's not uncommon to get a few random messages like that. 99% of the time you can ignore them. It's a price to pay to get the temperatures displayed on the graphs on the 2.x models.

7. markwj

markwj Moderator, Asia Pacific

It is a known issue. Seems to be random (some get it, some don't). We're changing the OVMS code to require an alert to be active for a few seconds before issuing it to the apps.

I think it doesn't appear on the VDS because it is too quickly dismissed by the VMS.

8. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

More likely his VDS is not in debug mode??

9. augkuo

augkuo Member

Just some blown PEM fuses...whew! I will add this info to the wiki page -

10. hcsharp

hcsharp Active Member

Blown PEM fuses? That sounds more serious than your average debug message. Where were the fuses? Were they actually inside the PEM? Or in the regular fuse block?

11. augkuo

augkuo Member

Yes the car wouldn't charge so it was definitely not just a debug message. The fuses were inside the PEM which Tesla service replaced. On the bright side, I got a Roadster loaner while the car was
    being worked on ;)