Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error Code Dl a139 Rear Motor Disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Error Code Dl a139 “Rear Motor Disabled - OK to drive” followed by Dl a063 Vehicle Shutting Down - Pull over Safely.

Has any one received these wonderful messages? Emergency Service went right to trailering the car to the Superior Colorado service center.
Also, when was your car built?

I’ve seen one or two other posts about similar issues lately.

Same thing happen here with my M3 ( June 2021) . Error code di-a137 follow by di-a063. Does occur now 2/3 time a day.... So lovely when you are in the rush. Spending almost 5min each time to get the car working .

Accordingly to Tesla service seems to be some cable issue with the rear drive unit inverter . Hope is going to definitely solve it or will quit Tesla

Same thing happen here with my M3 ( June 2021) . Error code di-a137 follow by di-a063. Does occur now 2/3 time a day.... So lovely when you are in the rush. Spending almost 5min each time to get the car working .

Accordingly to Tesla service seems to be some cable issue with the rear drive unit inverter . Hope is going to definitely solve it or will quit Tesla
Were they able to fix it? I have now the same problem. Is it software or a real problem?

This happened to my 2022 Model Y yesterday. I was driving on the highway when all of a sudden I received an error and the car slowed to 37mph *very scary. We were able to get off highway and service did a good job of trying to resolve the issue. Today I received the update that the issue was the rear drive unit inverter. The replaced it and realigned the car. Hopefully this never happens again

This happened to my 2022 Model Y yesterday. I was driving on the highway when all of a sudden I received an error and the car slowed to 37mph *very scary. We were able to get off highway and service did a good job of trying to resolve the issue. Today I received the update that the issue was the rear drive unit inverter. The replaced it and realigned the car. Hopefully this never happens again
This happened to me today on the highway. For me, it was DI_a139 followed by DI_a036 Power limited- Ok to drive and speed limited to 37mph. Requested Emergency