Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error code ESP_d133_acmVsSignalPlaus - unresponsive touchscreen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 P85,

Error code.
ESP_d133_acmVsSignalPlaus

My touchscreen becomes unresponsive, this is now happening daily, (able to reset with scroll buttons, sometimes it takes several reboots)

Any help deciphering this code!?

Emmc chip has already been replaced.

Attachments

• IMG_4375.jpeg
    IMG_4375.jpeg
    579.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Informative
Reactions: JAlbury825
I feel your pain. I unfortunately had that same problem a lot with my 2014 Model S 60. Having to frequently do the scroll wheel reset was a pain in the neck. I too had my eMMC chip replaced (about 2 years ago). The 'unresponsive screen' started happening about 8 months ago and like yours, got more and more frequent.

So, last month (after kicking the can down the road for over a year), I eventually had to 'bite the bullet' and replace my MCU with MCU2. Since then, I haven't had that issue. The responsiveness and extra features make the upgrade worthwhile.

Total cost was $1,880 USD (that includes the labor), and my service center finished the installation within 4 hours. If you want to keep the FM radio, that's an additional $500, but I decided against that, since I listen to music via BlueTooth on my phone, streaming or my USB drive.

During the 'infotainment upgrade' service call, they install updated firmware, update electrical/data connectors between your car and the MCU2, they give you a new dashboard steering wheel screen (which is higher resolution and DOESN'T LEAK!) and they copy all your information to the new MCU (navigation favorites, user profile data, etc).

So, I highly recommend getting the upgrade. Otherwise, I don't think there is any other way to fix/prevent this issue from persisting.

I feel your pain. I unfortunately had that same problem a lot with my 2014 Model S 60. Having to frequently do the scroll wheel reset was a pain in the neck. I too had my eMMC chip replaced (about 2 years ago). The 'unresponsive screen' started happening about 8 months ago and like yours, got more and more frequent.

So, last month (after kicking the can down the road for over a year), I eventually had to 'bite the bullet' and replace my MCU with MCU2. Since then, I haven't had that issue. The responsiveness and extra features make the upgrade worthwhile.

Total cost was $1,880 USD (that includes the labor), and my service center finished the installation within 4 hours. If you want to keep the FM radio, that's an additional $500, but I decided against that, since I listen to music via BlueTooth on my phone, streaming or my USB drive.

During the 'infotainment upgrade' service call, they install updated firmware, update electrical/data connectors between your car and the MCU2, they give you a new dashboard steering wheel screen (which is higher resolution and DOESN'T LEAK!) and they copy all your information to the new MCU (navigation favorites, user profile data, etc).

So, I highly recommend getting the upgrade. Otherwise, I don't think there is any other way to fix/prevent this issue from persisting.
Thank you for that detailed response, i hope I don’t have to go down that route, my car has a rebuilt title, so I’d have to get the car HV inspected, which might make this become very costly!

So I did a factory reset, and it was great for 2 days, and it came back. But I think I have figured what has caused the problem, I had clicked “always connected”. And it froze again. It’s now been 4 days and no freezing since I have turned it off!