Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error codes 1084 and then 279

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there! I just bought a Roadster 2.0 2010 (#919) and I just got my first error messages. Great milestone! :) The first one I got was « ID1084 DMC FW: HCS Faulted Warning » but I’ve been able when at home to make it go away by disconnecting and reconnecting the charger to a 120v outlet. I was able to top up the battery that way. In the long term, I’m planning to get a Henry Sharp can SR which should fix that part (anybody has one for sale?). I’m now getting a new error message : « ID279 BSM: Precharge resistor too hot at start of precharge ». Any suggestions on how to deal with this code? I understand that this is a powertrain problem and that the solution from the VDS messages chart is to take it for servicing at Tesla. Just wondering if there is anything else I can do before going there. Thanks!

Hi there! I just bought a Roadster 2.0 2010 (#919) and I just got my first error messages. Great milestone! :) The first one I got was « ID1084 DMC FW: HCS Faulted Warning » but I’ve been able when at home to make it go away by disconnecting and reconnecting the charger to a 120v outlet. I was able to top up the battery that way. In the long term, I’m planning to get a Henry Sharp can SR which should fix that part (anybody has one for sale?). I’m now getting a new error message : « ID279 BSM: Precharge resistor too hot at start of precharge ». Any suggestions on how to deal with this code? I understand that this is a powertrain problem and that the solution from the VDS messages chart is to take it for servicing at Tesla. Just wondering if there is anything else I can do before going there. Thanks!
You can buy the Can Sr/Jr directly from Henry Sharp @hcsharp