Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error Codes from new M3RWD HVP_w015 and PCS_a023

theocguy

M3RWD - MSM/BLK/OD:03/22/Picked up 10/31/2022
Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
I was playing the setting in the car this afternoon and notice a red dot on the "bell" icon. I saw 2 error codes showed up at 8am this morning

HVP_w015
PCS_a023

I was confused that I did not plug in the wall connector to charge this morning and not sure why I received these errors. I believe I was trying to get into the car around that time, or already started to pull out the car from garage.

In fact, after I picked up the car, I only tried to plug in once (On monday 10/31) to test if the car could be charged, and it did work. However, I unplugged it within few mins.

Fast forward, I was able to use the wall connector to open the the charge door, plugged into the car, and it started to charge to the limit I set.

It seems ok but for the peace of mind, I scheduled a mobile service on next wednesday to have them to verify what is going on. As of now, the car is only ~50 hours old, and with 24 miles on it. I hope it is not anything major on the High Voltage battery, or the 12V battery as well.

have anyone seen these error messages before? I have searched the forum and i saw someone has reported and the person reported that saying his car would not be charged.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 2.27.16 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 2.27.16 PM.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 112

theocguy

Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
I did a reboot and all notifications under the bell icon are gone except for the one mentioned about USB drive (I pulled out the stock one yesterday and installed a SSD external drive).

I will see when the service team will do any diagnosis remotely and let me know if it is safe to drive.

theocguy

Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
Just got a call from Service Center. The guy on the phone said he asked the mobile tech and the feedback is to try to charge the car to 100% and see if the error message goes away.

But since I already rebooted the car, all errors are gone. So I might still charge to 100% tonight and see if the error codes will pop up in next few days.

If anyone notices the notification section keeps a running list of the alert/error for the last 3 days only?

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC