Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error Codes from new M3RWD HVP_w015 and PCS_a023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

theocguy

M3RWD - MSM/BLK/OD:03/22/Picked up 10/31/2022
Feb 11, 2022
Southern CA
I was playing the setting in the car this afternoon and notice a red dot on the "bell" icon. I saw 2 error codes showed up at 8am this morning

HVP_w015
PCS_a023

I was confused that I did not plug in the wall connector to charge this morning and not sure why I received these errors. I believe I was trying to get into the car around that time, or already started to pull out the car from garage.

In fact, after I picked up the car, I only tried to plug in once (On monday 10/31) to test if the car could be charged, and it did work. However, I unplugged it within few mins.

Fast forward, I was able to use the wall connector to open the the charge door, plugged into the car, and it started to charge to the limit I set.

It seems ok but for the peace of mind, I scheduled a mobile service on next wednesday to have them to verify what is going on. As of now, the car is only ~50 hours old, and with 24 miles on it. I hope it is not anything major on the High Voltage battery, or the 12V battery as well.

have anyone seen these error messages before? I have searched the forum and i saw someone has reported and the person reported that saying his car would not be charged.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 2.27.16 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-02 at 2.27.16 PM.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 425
I did a reboot and all notifications under the bell icon are gone except for the one mentioned about USB drive (I pulled out the stock one yesterday and installed a SSD external drive).

I will see when the service team will do any diagnosis remotely and let me know if it is safe to drive.

Just got a call from Service Center. The guy on the phone said he asked the mobile tech and the feedback is to try to charge the car to 100% and see if the error message goes away.

But since I already rebooted the car, all errors are gone. So I might still charge to 100% tonight and see if the error codes will pop up in next few days.

If anyone notices the notification section keeps a running list of the alert/error for the last 3 days only?

Just got a call from Service Center. The guy on the phone said he asked the mobile tech and the feedback is to try to charge the car to 100% and see if the error message goes away.

But since I already rebooted the car, all errors are gone. So I might still charge to 100% tonight and see if the error codes will pop up in next few days.

If anyone notices the notification section keeps a running list of the alert/error for the last 3 days only?
Did you ever get this resolved? My new Model Y is giving me the same alert while unplugged and charges fine on AC and superchargers.