Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error icon - Smart Air Suspension’s automatic self-leveling is disabled.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Barry

Aug 9, 2013
Colorado
When I got into the car this afternoon, I had the little red car icon with the up and down arrows on the IC.
upload_2016-11-28_19-12-53.png

Looked it up in the manual and it says this:
Smart Air Suspension’s automatic self-leveling is disabled. In other words, Model S is in
Jack mode and is ready to be lifted or pulled onto a transporter. Jack mode cancels
when Model S is driven over 4.5 mph (7 km/h). See Smart Air Suspension on page 106.

While driving, there were no suspension issues. It lowered on the freeway, as usual. Called service when I got home and they had me reboot the car. It went away. They didn't offer to check logs, just to call back if the icon remained.

Anyone else experience this? Anything to worry about?

I had a similar issue. Parked in a public garage, left the garage and the car bottomed out on the knuckle of the ramp coming up and over the sidewalk. Didn't think much of it until I saw the car/suspension icon, though I don't remember if it was red or yellow. Got a message about the air suspension disabled, needing service. At highway speed got a message about air suspension error, could not lower. In my neighborhood going over speed bumps it was especially stiff (like no suspension). Parked overnight. Next morning the warning light was off and everything seems to be operating normally. I haven't yet contacted service to have it checked but it's been two weeks and no issues...

You might simply send email to your local service center and they may be able to diagnose remotely and tell you if you should come in.