Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error message about emergency brake, went away

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm still pretty new to my car, and I'm on my way home from work and there is some rain on the windshield and I want to run the wipers. I accidentally hit the Park button instead of the wiper button. Nothing physical happens but I hear the alert sound and it flashes a message on the screen that I missed. I was curious what the message was and assuming it won't put the parking brake on while I'm driving I tapped the park button again.

Then it flashed up and said something like "error, parking brake did not disengage" and "contact tesla service". Still no physical manifestation. At the next light I truly switched to Park then back to drive and the errors went away.

Should I be worried about anything?

So I'm still pretty new to my car, and I'm on my way home from work and there is some rain on the windshield and I want to run the wipers. I accidentally hit the Park button instead of the wiper button. Nothing physical happens but I hear the alert sound and it flashes a message on the screen that I missed. I was curious what the message was and assuming it won't put the parking brake on while I'm driving I tapped the park button again.

Then it flashed up and said something like "error, parking brake did not disengage" and "contact tesla service". Still no physical manifestation. At the next light I truly switched to Park then back to drive and the errors went away.

Should I be worried about anything?

Nope. Common n00b event.