Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

error message "Lane departure assistance limited"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

talkingevs

GO AVS! 2022 CHAMPS!
Jan 28, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
So I've had this message come up now daily in the morning on the way to work. I just updated to 2019.32.11 right before this was occurring. I get error message "Lane departure assistance limited"..... Has anyone else had this with this software or are my cameras broke?

Is it only while you're in the garage? From what I've read here, it seems like a blank wall can fool the car into thinking a camera is not working. Many others have had this message intermittently. While it could be a bad camera, it might not be a serious problem.

Is it only while you're in the garage? From what I've read here, it seems like a blank wall can fool the car into thinking a camera is not working. Many others have had this message intermittently. While it could be a bad camera, it might not be a serious problem.
It was while out and driving in the morning. It seems to only come up in the morning, but multiple mornings in a row. Maybe the sun is hitting it at an angle?

I just took it in to the SC for this same issue, here is what they wrote. Low light shouldn’t be an issues IMO. This is something Tesla needs to look into, not that I really care for Lane Departure. It is annoying having that message come up though.

Attachments

• B2C4029A-3101-4967-8D87-3079501FF3EB.jpeg
    B2C4029A-3101-4967-8D87-3079501FF3EB.jpeg
    165.5 KB · Views: 75
If that went away while you drive for a while, it could be the temperature diff between your garage and outside causing the condensation on the camera the blocked its sight. Had this several times when the cold night or heavy rain.

If that went away while you drive for a while, it could be the temperature diff between your garage and outside causing the condensation on the camera the blocked its sight. Had this several times when the cold night or heavy rain.

This^^^

It’s condensation on the lens. Had the same issue, wiped the camera lens, problem gone.