Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • We just completed a significant update, but we still have some fixes and adjustments to make. Please see this thread for more details and to find out how to revert to the old design. Cheers!

Error message :Maximum battery charge level reduced. Unable to charge battery to 100%

igork

Jan 19, 2021
Norway
I got the same issue in my Tesla X 75D after 2.5 year. The full range fell down from 322km to 263km.
Tesla confirmed that the high voltage battery should be replaced.

Best regards,
Igor.

Attachments

• photo8.jpg
    photo8.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 47
  • photo9.jpg
    photo9.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 46

Candleflame

Mar 9, 2015
QLD, Australia
Hey, 2015 Tesla Model S 85D. This morning I got the same message about "Maximum battery charge level reduced" and the car won't even charge.
I am stuck at 27% and it doesn't want to change at all.
Any other ideas besides going to a service center, since the closest to me is at least 500 km away...
Service centre for free battery replacement. You can try supercharging to top it up though.

trusaleen1

Sep 19, 2021
Bay Area
Service centre for free battery replacement. You can try supercharging to top it up though.
Candleflame, this off topic, (sorry to hijack the thread) but I saw your posts in audio settings, I totally agree that when parked 0 DB for the bass (far left) sounds great, but when driving, its needs to be bumped up and I also agree that I tend to get ear fatigue with the highs, since we have similar thoughts, would you mind sharing your settings, it's been especially difficult to dial in since the immersive audio update. Thanks

Candleflame

Mar 9, 2015
QLD, Australia
Candleflame, this off topic, (sorry to hijack the thread) but I saw your posts in audio settings, I totally agree that when parked 0 DB for the bass (far left) sounds great, but when driving, its needs to be bumped up and I also agree that I tend to get ear fatigue with the highs, since we have similar thoughts, would you mind sharing your settings, it's been especially difficult to dial in since the immersive audio update. Thanks

If you get ear fatigue then take the 2nd slider from the right and pull it back to maybe -2 or -2.5db.

I think mine were Immersive audio :auto and then for the eq from left to right: +6db, +1.5db, 0 db, 0 db, +1 db. If I go on long drives I sometimes change it to:
+3 db, +1db, 0 db, -2db, +0.5db just because its less fatiguing but also more dull.

trusaleen1

Sep 19, 2021
Bay Area
If you get ear fatigue then take the 2nd slider from the right and pull it back to maybe -2 or -2.5db.

I think mine were Immersive audio :auto and then for the eq from left to right: +6db, +1.5db, 0 db, 0 db, +1 db. If I go on long drives I sometimes change it to:
+3 db, +1db, 0 db, -2db, +0.5db just because its less fatiguing but also more dull.
greats THANKS

Someone is being cheap at the SC if they won’t extend the trial period. If you want to monitor your car live in Sentry mode you will need premium connectivity. We also enjoy the streaming music. The satellite photos are nice but not necessary. We really like the traffic updates but all of it depends on what your needs/wants are. $10.00 per month is a small amount of money but I’ll bet there’s a price increase in the next year.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC