Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error message: UI_a111 Re-insert USB into glovebox for higher speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my car today and I am already getting this error message. I did the reboot per another thread i found here but it did not resolve the problem. My service appointment is for next week but I was hoping if anyone can recommend a aftermarket USB I could try before my service date. Is there any other way to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance,

IMG_4896.jpg

I took delivery of my car today and I am already getting this error message. I did the reboot per another thread i found here but it did not resolve the problem. My service appointment is for next week but I was hoping if anyone can recommend a aftermarket USB I could try before my service date. Is there any other way to resolve this issue?

Thank you in advance,

View attachment 873417
I have the same issue using a SanDisk SSD, I have been using this with no trouble so far. As with any computer, there are going to be glitches, The wife and I approached owning a tesla as a cutting edge beta test and expect things like this, If it gets too out of hand will just move on. But I love the car.
Musk's behavior is harder to bear than the glitches, by far. But a lot of highly intelligent people are always on the edge of sanity. ;]

SanDisk 256GB High Endurance Video MicroSDXC Card

SanDisk MobileMate USB 3.0 microSD​

You remembered to format it as exFAT right? If you did then I think its a safe bet the port is buggered.
We bought the Sandisk drive and formatted exFAT. It worked fine until the recent software update. We discovered a Tesla USB 3 drive in the console, it didn’t work. checked it out, and it was formatted FAT32. Reformatted as exFAT, still no good . And now the Sandisk doesn’t work either.
Both drives are OK, I bought a utility to verify them.
It’s the car, not the drives!