Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error Power Conversion system. Seek service.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One curious thing I noticed when charging last night, after the PCS error occurred. We normally charge to 80%, which for the SR+ is 192 miles. Last night it charged to 198 miles, much higher than it ever has before. Perhaps this is related to the error the system has detected? I wonder if I charged to 100% if the battery would be overcharged?

I will refrain from charging to 100% to make sure that doesn't happen, until serviced (we have only charged to 100% a few times, for longer trips).

Had the error last Tuesday and scheduled an appointment for today which is Monday. Got a text this morning the part hadn’t arrived and if I could reschedule.

Asked if car was fine to drive and they said yes. Then asked for when part will arrive and when I can reschedule and no response.

Also wanted to have the error requesting I schedule and appointment cleared as I had scheduled the appointment. Was told the error cannot be cleared till the issue is resolved

I sent Tesla a request through the app when the warning came up, and one of the local guys called around noon, saying that I should come in to my service center immediately.
No problems getting there or anything, and they set me up with a Model S 70D for the night / weekend, however long it takes. They didn't technically schedule me until the morning, but they were very friendly about the whole thing.

I will say that I see basically no difference in driving my 3 (fairly bare-bones package, 1500 mi), and the 70D (decked out nicely), except the seats are more comfy. Maybe that's just because I drive like a cross between a scared teenager taking his dad's sports car out for the first time and a 70 y.o. man...

Had this error for a while and unfortunately service center was busy and I took a long vacation.Took in for service months later and it was done in a few hours. I had no issues other than the on screen error.

They also replaced my charging port even though I haven't had any issues with it

Concern: Replace Charge Port Carrier Assembly For Seized Latch Actuator