Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ESA Renovation Permit Application Process

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

Anyone in the community did the permit/inspection on your own and can give me advice on which section of the application form to complete.

I filled out most of it going on common sense (4.2.1) listing all the equipment, outlets, switches etc. in my house.

However, section 4.3 Consumer Service... Do I leave this blank since I'm only adding in a subpanel in the garage and not upgrading my service?

Please advise, and thank you in advance.

Jack

Hello everyone,

Anyone in the community did the permit/inspection on your own and can give me advice on which section of the application form to complete.

I filled out most of it going on common sense (4.2.1) listing all the equipment, outlets, switches etc. in my house.

However, section 4.3 Consumer Service... Do I leave this blank since I'm only adding in a subpanel in the garage and not upgrading my service?

Please advise, and thank you in advance.

Jack

Are you doing the work yourself? (subpanel, etc) If not, the electrician needs to do the form.

I've typically just called them (and never actually filled out the form), but usually I've had fairly simple things to describe (like new circuits, replacement meter housing or an EV charger).

I find it's a lot easier to call than mess around with the form.

I wouldn't expect that unless you are changing the service you would have to fill out 4.3 -- they never asked me over the phone for any of that information for work I've done (although I've not yet done a subpanel).

• Informative
Reactions: 5_+JqckQttqck