Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

eSOS error

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a strange error happen this morning when I got into my SR+

The following error came up on the screen:

eSOS Emergency Service Call system needs a service

In addition to this the car was in complete silence - no radio, music, chimes even indicator sounds.

I did a soft reboot and it went away and everything was back to normal.

Anyone else had this issue? Or know what it means? Perhaps just one of the quirks of a Tesla.

The car was very cold this morning. Finding cold weather really effects it - almost no regen, and lost a few % of power overnight. Can’t leave it plugged in overnight (no power in the garage of the flats I live in) so feel cold weather is more detrimental than anticipated

No direct experience with that error, but I have read of other audio related issues which have been sorted with the reboot you describe. I suspect if you contacted the service team they'd have you do the same and only want you to come in if it happened frequently.

In addition to this the car was in complete silence - no radio, music, chimes even indicator sounds.

Anyone else had this issue? Or know what it means? Perhaps just one of the quirks of a Tesla.

The car was very cold this morning. Finding cold weather really effects it - almost no regen, and lost a few % of power overnight. Can’t leave it plugged in overnight (no power in the garage of the flats I live in) so feel cold weather is more detrimental than anticipated

Yes - I had this last week, and cameras didn't work at all. I went through the app chat and eventually got an automated response to book a service appointment. Went into a shop and when I came back the message had gone and no recurrence. Weird...

This thread has similar issue.
eCall emergency call system needs service

Reactions: Cowpring and Roy W.

You don't have to leave it plugged in, in cold weather. It won't do anything unless it's extremely cold (well below 0F).
Lost regen is no big deal. The heater is the big killer and takes a little bit of experience to manage what will work best for you.
Recirculate saves a ton of juice but may fog up. So it may have to have AC (to dry the air) with Heat and Recirculate.
Heating fresh air gets expensive. Auto doesn't always to the best thing or most efficient.

Hi

I had the same experience less than 24 hours after pick up. (27th September) sound system gave a loud pop noise and died. Indicators and warnings still worked. Sound came back after a day but always with a crackle when I opened the door as though there was a wire connection error somewhere. A week later all sound just disappeared including indicators, music, warnings. Etc etc and I had to reboot. Also had warning about SOS not working. After reboot everything came back to life.
I had already contacted SC and made an appointment which was a 4 week wait. ( they did send me a software update within a couple of days to try and fix). The sound issue is, I have been advised, a memory issue which Tesla are aware about and working on a fix for at the moment. I have to say that I have not had any problems for the last 3 weeks so maybe it has been resolved .

Have experienced that battery usage is definitely affected with very cold weather but I set my overnight charge a bit lower 75% and then reset to a higher level about 60 mins before I leave in the morning and this defo makes a difference as the battery has had a chance to warm up.

model 3P+ White/white ( lovin it)