Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Esp working in corners where there is no need to

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello!

I changed the back tires on my tesla Michelin pilot sport 4. The car from there on started to tunr esp on in almost every corner if you dont apply the throttle. Already before the esp on high speed was kind of wird and was way over reacting and it was reallydangerous. Is really undrivable. Would like to ask if someone else is having same issues

If you changed just the back, it's possible that the overall diameter is very different from the front. The car could think the wheels are slipping. At least verify that the difference front/rear isn't too high.
You can go in your settings are "reset" the tires on the car. That might help the computer re-learn. It might be stuck with values that represent the old, used up rear tires.

Reactions: tm1v2
If you changed just the back, it's possible that the overall diameter is very different from the front. The car could think the wheels are slipping. At least verify that the difference front/rear isn't too high.
You can go in your settings are "reset" the tires on the car. That might help the computer re-learn. It might be stuck with values that represent the old, used up rear tires.
Thanks! Yea the rear are new and are for sure a 1cm or 2 bogger. I will try to reset and let u know

So i solved the issue by puting new in fron t old back. No problems any more i guess the new were a lit too high and was drifting just slightly. Also took the porsche michelin instead of the ev. Should have taken the ev i guess

• Informative
Reactions: tm1v2