Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EST. Delivery was February now in December

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model Y on order and was originally estimated to arrive February or March 2023. I don't check the Tesla app often because my original date was so far away and I filled out everything I needed to at this time. However, I checked this morning and it said my vehicle is arriving this December. (Note: I don't have a VIN # yet.) I'm both excited and disappointed that the date changed so dramatically. I personally wanted to vehicle to arrive February or March so I'd have a chance at the new tax credit and it would give me time to save up a bigger downpayment. My questions to others who have an order on a Tesla is...
* Are you planning on taking the car if it says it's moved to Dec. If so what are you thoughts?
* How confident should I be in this arrival date change. My guess is that they want as many people to accept orders in December for fourth quarter numbers. So, not much hope in getting the tax credit.
* I asked my representative I am in contact with to see if they could put my vehicle on hold and they said no. So, I'm not sure what to do?

Tesla is cutting prices in China due to a slowing in sales.
---------------------------------------------------------------
I just completed the cancelation of my MYLR and forfeited the $250 deposit.
No other costs were involved. I was honest and told them that the car which was originally ordered with a Mar 2023 delivery date, had been moved up and I wanted to receive the Jan 2023 Tax Credit. I am sure there will be many cancelations to follow.
Wow.. do I have a link to that reference jpg?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Tax Credit takes effect 1 Jan 23 and covers American made SUVs up to $80,000. Tesla's 200,000 vehicle limit lifted.

If Model Y is classified as an SUV, it will qualify. Both my 2021 and 2022 MYs were
Classified as SUVs

"Because their prices are above $55,000, the Cadillac Lyriq and Tesla Model Y would qualify only if they are classified as SUVs and not station wagons, and if buyers don’t choose options that bring the price over $80,000."

Can you imagine your Dec MYLR being $7500 less weeks later?
Oh damn… Thanks for the info. I had no clue that there’s such tax credit. I highly doubt I’ll get mine in December because that means I only waited less than 3 months. My 2021 MY I waited 6 months.

Upvote 0