Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated 100d 0-60 times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2015 S85D and a VBOX, which is what all the magazines and racers use (I'm geekly like that) and I haven't gotten my 85D any faster than about 4.2 seconds 0-60. I'd love for it to be faster and I'm more than willing to believe that the street I'm testing on isn't completely flat or that temperature could be affecting it. I don't test any faster than 60mph but I've done maybe half a dozen runs and 4.2 was the best I saw.

Anyone do better? I've seen in the videos as low as 3.85 but it didn't seem scientific, seemed like he was just trying to clock is speedometer going up to 60mph, which is fraught with error.

If any other bay area geeky types want to get together and do some VBOX runs, the free iPhone app is good and giving you bragging rights and the VBOX is the standard used for 0-60 measurements.

I have the PowerTools app for the iPhone that connects to your MyTesla account and supposedly can measure your 0-60 times. I tried it a few times and it seemed inline with what I was getting on the VBOX but I'm not sure how really accurate it is but it's cheaper than buying a VBOX.

Yesterday I had a 100D loaner in the 210xxx VIN range, so it has the advertised 4.1 0-60 second speed. I was curious to see what the launch felt like coming from a P100D, so I did a few. The car comes off quick but you can tell Tesla is holding back the acceleration. At about 30mph the car then feels very fast and at highway passing speeds it feels really quick. Almost as quick as my P100D and that is saying something.

It got me thinking that maybe the advertised 0-60 of 4.1 is actually VERY conservative, so I charged the car to 100% the next morning and did three tests with the vBOX. I have to say the car is AMAZING. I did 3.774 0-60. Simply awesome. That's 3.26 seconds faster than what Tesla states on their website. Three seconds is huge in a drag race. On the rack it might even pull a 3.6 0-60.

I think, at some future point, I should seriously look at a 100D because the performance value is tremendous. The full charge range was 337 miles too. Great for road trips. The base model starts at $94,000. So much cheaper than a P100D which will get you in trouble quickly if you don't let off the accelerator early. I estimate this car could do the 1/4 mile in the high 11's. The acceleration really picks up after 30mph. Anyway, hope this helps some of you with your purchase decisions. Cheers!

Attachments

• 2017 MS 100D 0-60 10 06 2017.png
    2017 MS 100D 0-60 10 06 2017.png
    370.3 KB · Views: 137
Yesterday I had a 100D loaner in the 210xxx VIN range, so it has the advertised 4.1 0-60 second speed. I was curious to see what the launch felt like coming from a P100D, so I did a few. The car comes off quick but you can tell Tesla is holding back the acceleration. At about 30mph the car then feels very fast and at highway passing speeds it feels really quick. Almost as quick as my P100D and that is saying something.

It got me thinking that maybe the advertised 0-60 of 4.1 is actually VERY conservative, so I charged the car to 100% the next morning and did three tests with the vBOX. I have to say the car is AMAZING. I did 3.774 0-60. Simply awesome. That's 3.26 seconds faster than what Tesla states on their website. Three seconds is huge in a drag race. On the rack it might even pull a 3.6 0-60.

I think, at some future point, I should seriously look at a 100D because the performance value is tremendous. The full charge range was 337 miles too. Great for road trips. The base model starts at $94,000. So much cheaper than a P100D which will get you in trouble quickly if you don't let off the accelerator early. I estimate this car could do the 1/4 mile in the high 11's. The acceleration really picks up after 30mph. Anyway, hope this helps some of you with your purchase decisions. Cheers!

Had anyone else been able to match this data?? Are we now seeing a 3.8 sec time for 100D imminent? I’d be more inclined to believe an actual bonafide shift in 0-60 time by Tesla if there are multiple owners reporting this now :)

For a perspective, this difference in official and actual 0-60 time is consistent with what it was for my car: P85+ circa 2013. The official 0-60 time was 4.2s, but the best 0-60 time was 3.9s.

Since 0-60 time depends on SOC, it might be that Tesla specifies higher 0-60 because it is obtained at some specific SOC that is less than 100%

This is pretty cool, I've got a 100D coming in December and am also in North Texas if you want to hook the vBOX up and get some more data points. :D

Thanks for posting info.
I took delivery of my Blue 100D 10 days ago which was in New Inventory in CA with 70mi. Car came with 114 mi on the odo, splattered bugs, non functioning GPS, kirbed rim and a vibration in the front LH suspension.

The VIN is 410xyz so I guess the cars may have been following each other down the production line and deployment to Sales Centers.
The car was a bit ' squirrley' on the leg home when I stepped on it a bit which I attribute to the 'Tire Gloss' being slung off the tires.
I have downloaded 0-60 apps from googleplay an will test it further once it dries out as we are dealing with the remnants of Nate in the area.

I would call your SC and state you're not happy with your delivery experience and would like ALL your issues corrected ASAP.

Small note about 0-60 apps. They really are not 100% accurate and you need a vBox to get the correct 0-60. Before I used the Powertools app and it was always different than the vBox time. Occasionally there was a half a second difference.

I would call your SC and state you're not happy with your delivery experience and would like ALL your issues corrected ASAP.

Small note about 0-60 apps. They really are not 100% accurate and you need a vBox to get the correct 0-60. Before I used the Powertools app and it was always different than the vBox time. Occasionally there was a half a second difference.

Yes the SC and I are working on the list,
I do not have access to a vBox, I will have to go check with my buddy Aric.

What is interesting is there is no 3 second range 0-60 you can get from the design studio. it's either 75D/100D at 4 or the P100D in the 2.

So "Insane" mode is not an option. I wonder if they would bring that back somehow. I have heard the new drive units are in fact capable, it's a matter if Tesla would actually do something about it.

Can anyone actually validate 0-60 or 0-100 100D times? Would appreciate owners posting some actual times so that conjecture is minimized!

Would love to actually see this confirmed by owners or let this thread start to fizzle lol.

to be clear when comparing times Tesla include 1foot rollout for P models on the website but not for non P models.
Personally I am not a fan of this inconsistency.

This does serve to accentuate the difference by iro 0.3s.

for consistency it's helpful if posters can state whether rollout is included and the type of measurement VBox iPhone etc.

There is this thread also where I attempted to collate comparative times to help prospective owners - the second post with the table is editable so if you have authentic data it would be good to see it here too.

0-60/30-50/50-70 comparative times for 70D/85D/P85D

no doubt 100D is a serious quick car.
Owning a P100D however and getting a 100D as a loaner you instantly realise that the P100D is on a different level just in normal driving never mind the showoff stuff. The P100D is exceptional and undoubtedly worth it if you can afford it, the 100D is great and undoubtedly the best value.