TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Estimated 100d 0-60 times

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Tslacg, Dec 13, 2016.

1. Tslacg

Tslacg Member

I know there's a post on the 100d coming soon, but I haven't seen any estimates on the new 0-60mph bump anticipated, if any. I'd love to see the model s regular 100d bumped down to 3.6 or 3.5

2. P85DBeast

P85DBeast Side tEsLa

Id say about 3.4

3. dhcp

dhcp Member

I'd guess 3.8. Any lower and you start to encroach on the performance models.

4. Muzzman1

Muzzman1 Member

5. dhcp

dhcp Member

I have a 2015 S85D and a VBOX, which is what all the magazines and racers use (I'm geekly like that) and I haven't gotten my 85D any faster than about 4.2 seconds 0-60. I'd love for it to be faster and I'm more than willing to believe that the street I'm testing on isn't completely flat or that temperature could be affecting it. I don't test any faster than 60mph but I've done maybe half a dozen runs and 4.2 was the best I saw.

Anyone do better? I've seen in the videos as low as 3.85 but it didn't seem scientific, seemed like he was just trying to clock is speedometer going up to 60mph, which is fraught with error.

If any other bay area geeky types want to get together and do some VBOX runs, the free iPhone app is good and giving you bragging rights and the VBOX is the standard used for 0-60 measurements.

I have the PowerTools app for the iPhone that connects to your MyTesla account and supposedly can measure your 0-60 times. I tried it a few times and it seemed inline with what I was getting on the VBOX but I'm not sure how really accurate it is but it's cheaper than buying a VBOX.

• Informative x 2