Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Estimated April-Early May delivery is now blank.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm with you, can't find purchase agreement but I know I was at the end of production late last week. I was hoping that meant in QC early this week and on a truck by late this week.
We shall see.
I wish they could throw us a bone for our patience and give us a free service visit or something.

I agree. Since my previous auto lease already ended, I recently asked the DS for a little more insight. He said we would have a clearer idea once the vehicle is on a truck, on its way to the SC...no sh** lol

I don't have a delivery date anymore, and neither do I have a Purchase Agreement. But my ability to change my method of purchase (e.g., Tesla Lending, Lease, etc.) has locked out so I can no longer change it.

I tried inspecting the code for the page and searching for "estimated", but that was fruitless.

• Informative
Reactions: EV Family
I agree. Since my previous auto lease already ended, I recently asked the DS for a little more insight. He said we would have a clearer idea once the vehicle is on a truck, on its way to the SC...no sh** lol

FWIW I didn't get solid information from my DS until my X showed up at the service center which was two days before my delivery happened. A little less than a week before that he was telling me the estimated date of delivery to the service center was the day it actually showed up, but he couldn't guarantee it. And before that it sounded like he was looking into a crystal ball. I think the DSs are not wanting to overpromise and the 2nd slowdown on the production line is throwing everything off.

• Informative
Mine just went blank too! I've been refreshing roughly every hour today, so this disappeared only in the last hour or so.

Hoping it's good news, but I suspect that this + an unprompted email from my DS about how they're focusing on quality now could mean something worse :(

Same here - I actually think it is better to have nothing there at all if it's not going to be accurate. Having something that still says March on it is just rubbing salt on the wound...

I don't have a delivery date anymore, and neither do I have a Purchase Agreement. But my ability to change my method of purchase (e.g., Tesla Lending, Lease, etc.) has locked out so I can no longer change it.

I tried inspecting the code for the page and searching for "estimated", but that was fruitless.

I doun
I'm a 48xx. Our DS said:

"I just wanted to reach out and let you know your car has gone into production I also wanted to let you know our production line has slowed down tremendously due to the increase of quality control, and we are estimating mid/late May for delivery "

So I'm thinking June. :)
Curious when you reserved your car and when you confirmed your order?

Vin 25XX, also had dates disappear today (previously said April-Early May)

Assuming they haven't yet built the car, I'm happy to wait as quality improves, especially if there is even a remote change of a 100kw option coming out.

VIN 38XX, last showed "Late April-May". My delivery estimate is now also blanked.

My (new) DS just informed me: "Your Model X is now in production - the body has been stamped and is awaiting the paint booth"
I'm wondering if some earlier VINs did not pass the latest round of QC and are being "reproduced"? This would also cause the push back of the later vins we are seeing. I asked a tesla rep in Fremont if vins were stamped on the vehicles before or after they were produced and his answer made me think it was after. Does anyone know when the vin is actually attached to the vehicle and is it possible that the same vin can be sent through production if it did not make it through QC?

Reserved 2015-01-26
Confirmed 2016-01-13
So interesting. Just got off the phone with my DS who verified I'm still in the "end of line" stage of production and the next step likely in a couple of days will be logistics team planning the transit to Atlanta.
I reserved in May of 2015 and confirmed on Jan 12th of 2016 with a slightly higher vin than you (49xx). My DS told me that it will likely be here in Mid May and available for delivery by the 3 to last week of May.
I even asked him about how others with similar vins are hearing of production slowing down and additional delays from their DS, but he assured me I was not impacted by it. Perhaps their batching, wether it's by paint color, configuration or what not puts some ahead of others and hence why you might be slowed in your production que.
Time will tell...probably more time than I hope.

Last edited:
VIN 30XX Confirmed on 12/10/15 P90DL with every option but the winter weather.

I was told on April 11th the the car had gone into production. Yesterday I sent the DS an email asking for an update and was told the car is still in production and the email was almost word for word the same as the one when it entered production. Three weeks in production? Something's gone wrong. My purchase agreement, dated 4/11, shows a delivery date on or about 4/25.

Everything about our S and X are nearly identical. Reserved both approximately 2 years prior to production. The order sequence for both was was nearly identical at a little over 5K. VIN numbers are within 50 for both, but that's where the similarities end. Confirmed the S in mid November of 2012 and it was delivered (to our house) January 3, 2013. Confirmed the X almost 5 months ago! I guess it's the lack of transparency that's most frustrating.

• Informative
First time post.

Vin 26xx
90d non premium 6 seats

Got an email today from DS telling me that the car is still in "paint" and then will go into general assembly. The car has been in "paint" for 3 weeks now. Tesla also changed my DS 3 times in the past few months with the prior once assuring me that the car would be delivered by end of April (this has screwed up my financing and probably require another hard pull on my credit). I know others have had a worse wait and experience, but just venting a little for myself.

• Informative
Reactions: Maaz and EV Family